Hendrix personal takes / demos tapes on Ebay!

Hey...If we all donate like 5 bucks to a community paypal account we could win them and make them available to everyone here...
huh???

Sounds a bit strange to me. If his estate didnt want the tapes to be duplicated wouldnt they keep them themselves? Best way to lose control of them is sell them on the open market.

Re sound quality, I can understand them only providing a poor quality mp3 for a sample but to say the quality there is poor due to playback machine is strange. How do you know what the quality is if you've only got a poor quality machine to play them on? And why risk damage to the supposedly irreplaceable tapes by playing them on anything but a pristine condition machine?

"Rare out takes" is an interesting phrase. Usually the "rare" takes are rare for a good reason. "All along the watchtower" is commonly available to buy because it's such a great track.

Anyway, interesting to see what they go for. Hendrix was an incredibly gifted guitarist.

...I had no intention of stealing ...-... The originals were apparently thrown out of the studio during renovation.

Intentions and consequences of life.

:(

Back