Help with yamaha n12, will not work with win 7 64 bit

jimmy spinner

Hello world, PLEASE SOMEBODY ?? ive been using The Yamaha N12 For Years now with cubase.
Ive only ever gotten it to work with 32 bit windows.
A few years back i got another laptop with windows 7 64 bit, but found it impossible to get the N12 to link with cubase,
So i ended up having to install windows 7 32 bit. its So sickening as you cannot access your full ram potential on 32 bit windows, so lets say i had 8 gbs, you can only acces 4, total bummer.
Now same again ive another laptop with win 7 64, and cubase 5 .Ive tried everything, been on yamahas site, downloaded firmwares updates the lot. SURLEY SOMEONE HAS GOTTEN the N12 to work with win 7 64. Like is there an exact order? to install the drivers? ive all the updates all in zip format. im so baffeled. Im determined not to go backwards and install win 7 32 bit. There must be an exact order? to install the drivers e.c.t ?? What am i doing wrong? i cannot see any threads anywhere about it. My laptop is lenovo T400 8 gb, win7 64 dual core.
Guys ive also a windows 10 64, i5 laptop, ill even use that to connect the N12, i had a go doing that aswell, no luck.
If anyone out there can either help me connect the win7 64 or win 10 64 to the N12 id be so greatfull.
Thanks Jimmy..

Just a longshot...

Did you also install the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver TOOLS for n V2.7.4 for Win 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (64-bit) ?

Just making sure.. there's a note:

The n8/n12 Firmware V1.03 is compatible only with the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver.

Just a longshot...

Did you also install the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver TOOLS for n V2.7.4 for Win 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (64-bit) ?

Just making sure.. there's a note:

The n8/n12 Firmware V1.03 is compatible only with the Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver.

spantini Thanks for the reply, yeah tried them all. Have everyone of them in a folder /it could be the order im installing. So just incase i missed it.. is it those 2 together? like first load in firmware v 103 then Tools for N v2.7.4, im so confused by all theire updates firmwares ect

The firmware won't work without the TOOLS, so I would think the TOOLS should be installed first. Actually, uninstall the 32-bit stuff and reinstall the 64-bit first.. then proceed with Yamaha's updated stuff.

Back