help with pop punk/pop rock mix?

I think it's a cool song and it's well performed.

The vocal sounds pretty good. Maybe a notch cut in the mid-2Ks. It's a little pointy.

I like the bass sound and level.

The distorted guitars in the chorus sound OK. They're missing a little bit of a low end. There isn't enough energy in the 200hz - 400hz octave. It's a little grainy.

The drum samples and programming are probably the weakest part of the mix. It sounds like the snare is almost pumping. It's a little clicky sounding.

The chorus is limited pretty hard. It gets a little tough on the ears. And I would say the bass is not kicking hard enough during those sections. But the tracks really get smeared together by all the limiting.

The acoustic guitar in the intro sounded very good. I liked the "swooshing" affects did in the intro.

Edit - I also meant to say I thought it was a well put together power pop song. I liked it.

The chorus is limited pretty hard. It gets a little tough on the ears.

Whole thing is limited pretty hard. The first verse feels like it's pumping the whole time.

I like the snare tone you have a lot. It's very fake sounding, but a cool fake.

The track is a little mid-rangey overall.

I think you need to step back and remove all of the "mastering" from the track and work on getting the mix right first.

Levels are off. Woah loud when it kicks in. Shouldn't be that loud when it all kicks in. The vocals are buried, starting at the intro. The intro vox are also pretty muddy, at it's not meshing with the acoustics that occupy lots of the same range. Again, those rhythm guitars are way too loud....think we found your main instrument :) Second verse vocals are up a bit, so they must be on a separate track. Get the intro ones up too. Toms sound nice, nice low end ring. Second chorus, really loud rhythm guitars again. The third verse is WAY brighter than the opening...what's going on there? If they are from the same take, then just copy and paste the third verse EQ onto the opening, because man those opening vocals are dull/muddy compared to the rest. Do a fast back-and-forth between 3:10 and 0:17.... yeah, do you hear that? Completely different tone. I didn't think the drums were that bad, just a little more variation in timing is all you need. Some of the quick hits, with the whole band, are so in sync that it does give a programmed vibe, so just don't have everything right on the line all perfect, ok?

I would leave the master bus stuff on and mix into it. There's a good overall tone to the song, just needs level and EQ adjustments on some individual tracks. Make sure your limiter isn't chopping off some crazy amount. 2-4db is plenty. A compressor before it can tame the most of it. Again, 2-4 db GR.

There's something really good in there and it's really close to making it out. Get the levels and EQ right. Nice work.

Acoustic sounds nice. Vocal nice and smooth, but once it kicks off, harder to hear. Improves once it really takes off into the chorus.

Not a bad mix though, the song reminds me of something, not sure what. Vocal has that Sum41 sound I think, sounds good.

The last chorus should start off with a louder bang/impact on that first hit.

All in all, nice job. It's very close.

Back