Help with Nine Inch Nails/Johnny Cash Cover

Antidote

Hey guys, this is a song called "Hurt" By Nine Inch Nails which has also been covered by Johnny Cash. This mix will be part of my university portfolio for music technology and I am looking for some feedback :) Please comment even if it is only to say that you enjoyed the song. Cheers.

Attachments

• Hurt.mp3
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
Piano sounds good, vocal recording quality sounds decent, but there is some weird stuff with the vocal phrasing...makes it almost sound unnatural. Also there are places where the vocal timing is quite a bit off...overall good

Try some reverb on the vox, and lower them a touch. The piano sounds kinda distant while the vox are so upfront. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the input guys. The unnatural phrasing is intentional by the performer however inderstand what you mean. And thanks, ill try a bit of reverb and some volume adjustments.

sounds like you're forcing yourself to sing lower than is natural for your voice. Maybe try singing it an octive higher or something, just as an experiment.

It sounds fine but is too close to the Cash interpretation to have any currency. We've heard the industrial original & the naked Cash cover. This just becomes a cover of a cover.
It needs another angle - though I can't think of one.

Back