Help wanted: Smokin' players needed

David... btw you asked... no I didn't get a CD... but I can get one of CDbaby, or whatever..

Of course, if you feel like schleping to the post office, that's ok too... but no hurry, or whatever...

I've made copies on this end, and they're selling like hotcakes...so I figure that works too!! :eek: :D :D :D

naw... I don't have any finished versions :)

mixmkr said:
David... btw you asked... no I didn't get a CD... but I can get one of CDbaby, or whatever..

Of course, if you feel like schleping to the post office, that's ok too... but no hurry, or whatever...

I will send one right away. Pronto. Posthaste. Double posthaste. :cool: Lousy @(#*$* record label was supposed to send it. :mad:

ruffie mix, of course.. too embarressed to have a .wav isolated

Sounds great :cool: I would normally say I am impressed, but with you, it's what I expect. :D Quality work as usual, excellent stuff. VERY good. :cool:
I will try to post a revised version of my midi stuff later. Not a lot of changes, just a few.

I'd be glad to contribute in any way I can, David. It really takes off after 1:52 or so. What do you have in mind???

Also FYI , a very hot version (rock) was done by a band called Scot Richard Case , also known as SRC , around 1969-70 give or take. I'll try to locate for you.

chazba

jpw23 said:
I'm in....what do you need?

I'd be glad to contribute in any way I can, David.

What I probably need is percussion, maybe bass, maybe more geetars etc. What I will do is edit mixmkr's stuff whenever he is done, put up what I have done today and go from there. The bass will be tough, either someone doubles what is there or does their own thing and I cut what is there. What is there is fairly difficult to play. I am open to suggestions and/or just trying stuff out. If I like it, I will use it. If I dont, I wont. :D Its gonna be a loud one methinks.

Dogman said:
I tried to do a simpler bass, but got lost when it really started picking up.... :mad: :mad:

Its a deceptive lil bugger, aint it? At first one thinks "Its a simple lil tune". As it gets going, you realize it aint when the tempo hits 170. :D

Here is a revised version, everything is the same tempo-wise, its just a lil easier to hear. I put some utilitarian drums in to show where they go.

revisedking

I can't remember what was done in the past.... you dealt with mp3 files didn't you? I don't know how I would have sent a file as large as a .wav file.

I have my musical plate full this weekend,...specifically Sunday, as I'll be out playing all day and into the night, but I'll upload the new version you put up, and have an isolated track ready for reserved space on your editing room floor ;) real soon.
That synth lick makes me wanna practice more, you dog!! I gotta get some chops happening that I can deal with.

If you play that live on your keyboard, I'm gonna smack you. I know on the fiddle, I'd expect you to wack it out, but you gotta be sequencing that square wave moog sound.... mainly because of the interval jumps... yeah.. arpeggesss... programmed.... right? .............right?? :cool:

mixmkr said:
If you play that live on your keyboard, I'm gonna smack you.

Smack away, my friend. :D I got lucky, I am normally not so quick but I have been practicing the keys a lil bit. I doubt I could do it again :(

I have my musical plate full this weekend,...specifically Sunday, as I'll be out playing all day and into the night, but I'll upload the new version you put up, and have an isolated track ready for reserved space on your editing room floor real soon.

Excellent. good luck with the playing this weekend. :cool: I am starting a musical on Monday called "The light in the Piazza", broadway show. 19 gigs in 14 days. Ka-Ching! :D

DavidK said:
Mark is a good friend of mine, we used to sit together in TSO. He made my electric fiddle. :)
I've got 2 of his albums. Yours sits with them.... :D

In the Classical, Geeky section.... :p

Dogman said:
I've got 2 of his albums. Yours sits with them.... :D

In the Classical, Geeky section.... :p

Mark IS a geek :D The long hair and Alice Cooper imagery? Nah. Deep down, he's just another violin geek. ;)

At 1:56 someone on right steps on a cat? :D

I've borrowed my recordingear out, but if you aren't done by the time I'll get them back I can try to pinch in a rhythm guitar or a bass if Dogman wont beat me to it. :D

I've enjoyed reading this thread immensely, and it reminds me how much I don't know about music. :p

I'd be willing to give it a shot but it looks like you have plenty of takers already. In my own style of music and production I rarely leave room for flash, but in the past couple of years I find myself getting faster and faster with consistent practice and exercises. My picking is about as fast as any I've heard, and my transition between strings is improving daily. It's the theory and instincts I lack, so it would take a the better part of a week to write something worthy of your composition (which is really good in my amateur opinion). It's only recently that I've been stretching out on guitar, but I've not made that progressive leap I've been itching to make. Stuff like this inspires me to continue trucking...

BTW, I hear a screaming lead starting at 1:52. Fast, furious, and relentless. That's all it really needs IMO, maybe some reinforcing bass to 'rockify' it.

The first 4 man cello video was fun. Never seen them play before. :)

Last edited:
Well I got it downloaded and converted to >wav, and tracked the coolest Bass part...sounds like "the top of the food chain" is comin' to getcha, added another guitar part, very subtle. Now I cant get the damn thing to upload. Been froggin' w/it for over an hour and it just won't take. Damn.....
I'm trying to use CDEx to convert to .mp3 but I can't make it happen.

Any suggestions...A better mp3 converter???

chazba

chazba said:
Well I got it downloaded and converted to >wav, and tracked the coolest Bass part...sounds like "the top of the food chain" is comin' to getcha, added another guitar part, very subtle. Now I cant get the damn thing to upload. Been froggin' w/it for over an hour and it just won't take. Damn.....
I'm trying to use CDEx to convert to .mp3 but I can't make it happen.

Any suggestions...A better mp3 converter???

chazba
Hmmmmm. There is/was one called dbpoweramp that I always used. Is it 128? Soundclick will only allow 128 unless you have a paid account I think. What's the size? You can email it to me and I can post it on my page. I will pm you my email.

Back