Help - recommend budget 8 port preamp please!

aidan_m

Budding Rock Star!
Hi All,

I've got an M-Audio 1814 audio interface and need a mixer/pre-amp to feed the channells to pro tools. Any advice appreciated! basically just need 8 ports with pre amp and phantom power to mic drums and feed to the 1814.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Aidan..

I recall SM Pro gear being regarded as barely a step above Behringer..........whether that has changed with time I can't say. Check out Studio Projects http://www.studioprojectsusa.com/ as they have an 8 channel thingy that may be suitable and they generally have a good reputation.

:cool:

I've ordered this anyway, saw some good reviews... I'll post up results when I get it going..

It will pass signal and make that signal louder. AS long as you keep your expectations in that range you should be fine. You paid about 19 Euros a channel for that. Their build costs are obviously far below that, and include the case, the power supply, knobs and paint job. The preamps in that unit probably cost in the area of pennies each to make. As I mentioned before, it will amplify your mics, but keep your expectations low.

SonicAlbert said:
It will pass signal and make that signal louder. AS long as you keep your expectations in that range you should be fine. You paid about 19 Euros a channel for that. Their build costs are obviously far below that, and include the case, the power supply, knobs and paint job. The preamps in that unit probably cost in the area of pennies each to make. As I mentioned before, it will amplify your mics, but keep your expectations low.

Will definitely be bearing all that in mind.. My little project studio costs just keep on coming so have to make savings somewhere!! Plan on replacing asap but need something just to get me going. THese pre's came recommended from 1 or 2 people anyway ( as a budget solution)... I'll post up a few clips once I get things sorted..

Back