Help Plz

Audio Recording

Take you audio source (vocal, guitar, synth) and plug it, via a suitable transducer (microphone/pre-amp, pick-up/pre-amp, audio out) into the appropriate input of your high-quality sound card.

Select the channel/track on which you want to record. Ensure the correct input is set via your input list. Open the channel mixer and arm the required channel ensuring you have now selected the correct input.

When you can see the LED signal display an incoming signal, PRESS THE RED BUTTON - Go, brother!

You just got SX3?

How much did you pay for it? Must be cheap these days, being 2 generations old.

They normally come with a quick start manual, which is better than most advice on forums.

If you paid a lot for it then why didn't you get the manual!?
And why did you pay loads for the old version? Why not pay loads for Studio 4?
Isn't SX3 like the most recent version that has been cracked? They might've flogged you a pirate copy :eek:
And you paid a lot of money without having a basic knowledge of DAW recording?
Looks like not having that manual is causing a lot of problems.
Go back to where you bought from and make them wish they'd given you that manual. Its all their fault.

Waaaiiitt a second :D....

I pressed record and then started singing, but my computer didn't record it.
Also please move this topic back to computer recording and soundcards (whatever those are) because I'm trying to record on my computer.

And from that link...

Here are the obvious signs of a pirate:

- you don't know how to connect a microphone to your computer, but you have the Waves Platinum bundle.

- you just got a several-year-old version of expensive recording software, but you don't have the manual. Coincidentally, that version happens to be the last version of the software that was cracked or didn't use a dongle (Cubase SX3, Wavelab 5, etc.)

That is possibly why we're avoiding you're question :)

How about reaper? Should be all you need to get going to a very good level.
www.reaper.fm

The manual should be installed with the prog. If your usinng windows. Go to start select programs find cubase click on it, a number of tabs will come up you should see an one called documentation, you will find a number of manuals there. If not, then you have bought a pirate copy.

If you can't find it PM me you email address and I'll see if I can send you a copy of mine.

How are you sending the mic into your compouter?

If you didn't pay for Cubase, stop using it, get something you are entitled to use and then take advantage of all the support of other people who use it. Reaper, for example, has incredible popularity and support, not to mention being much better to record and mix with than Cubase!!!

Wow, people. Just wow. It was a joke. That's why I posted it in the Computer Recording and Soundcards forum, where that topic was stickied.

Back