Headphones/ i/o

slinky

Hi friends,
I wish to get some wireless headphones and link them up to my Samson Servo 170 amp. The amp has a left and a right 1/4 inch jack output so I assume that I need to fill them! Looking through the blurb on headphones there is not much said about this. Most seem to have just the one plug - either mini jack or 1/4 inch.
I have a computer based set up and use a sound card - so might it make sense to plug headphones in to the sound card instead?

:D Yo Slink:

Just slink into Google and type "wireless headphones" into the squared box and push "enter." Voila! you will get a gaggle of cans of the wireless venue.

I've had a couple of pair of these. I use them to listen to stuff already recorded/CDs/etc. And, I can use them to keep a check when duping media and general work around the studio.

I don't use them to track--use Beyer cans for that. And, of course, I use neither to mix/master.

It is nice to have a pair that can go through the walls and outside; thus, I can have a cold one in the warm weather and listen to tracks outside or around my crib.

Spring will soon be upon us in the Midwest.
Green Hornet

:D Yo Cardio-not-arrested:]

I know Spring is coming soon. My parrot of 20 years is beginning to pluck out feathers. He does this at the beginning of Spring and a couple of months beyond. So, even if there is snow on the ground, it won't be here too long.

I could be wrong. However, it would not be the first time.
:D

Cheers
Green Hornet

Slink, I have a pair of Sennheiser rs-130s (open cans) that came with stereo rca jacks as well as 1/4 and mini adapters. The Senn rep told me that they'll handle any line- or speaker-level signal. By the way, the closed version of these cans is the RS-140, and both are RF models.

That said, an IF model might suit you better. The infrared-signal models don't carry sound well through walls but their signal is generally strong if in the line of sight. In contrast, the radio-signal models can have some interference even in the same room (like a cordless phone), but they can also carry the sound decently to other parts of the hourse--that's why I chose them. I use my Senns for listening to rough mixes and pro CDs while roaming the house and yard, which I find an absolute luxury. I wish I'd bought them years ago. But I never use them in my studio since the reception's just not reliable enough. There, I stick to wired cans.

Good luck,
J.

(Cheers, Hornet. I'm running into you a lot lately.)

Back