Headphone Mix test....

LogicLover

Ive been hoping to get closer with heads only and have been trying these Neumann NDH - 30 heads
And so far really liking them ! Any comments welcome on issues that stand out ....

Listening on Sennheiser HD450SE Bluetooth phones. Overall sound quality sounds fantastic. Rich, detailed... The vocal FX came through nicely in stereo. The vocal seemed a bit loud in the verses with full instrumentation, not much. I would trim it back 1-2 dB, see if it gets buried or not.

Pretty nice. Mix overall is good. Everything is clear and distinct. Maybe a little too much sibilance on the vocal in parts maybe.

i like the song, which always helps. 👍🏼

FWIW, listening on earbuds.

Listening on Sennheiser HD450SE Bluetooth phones. Overall sound quality sounds fantastic. Rich, detailed... The vocal FX came through nicely in stereo. The vocal seemed a bit loud in the verses with full instrumentation, not much. I would trim it back 1-2 dB, see if it gets buried or not.
Thank You, appreciate the vocal level check!

Hi
Personally i think its what you get used to

i have some top range headphones/ monitors But do my mixes on a cheap AKG earbuds ... quite a few comments
that the mix clarity is good So in my humble opinion its trial & error until you find the characteristics
& the sound you are aiming for

this is mixed on the cheap AKG earbuds so you can hear for yourself

cheap ear buds click here

subvibe

The kick doesn't bother me too much - not noticing that clicky-snappy thing on my end. You could reduce the attack or just add some general compression to the kick by itself. Six of one, half-dozen of the other... If the kick is on it's own track you could record at a very low velocity to get a softer sound then bring the track volume up in the mix.

Hi
Personally i think its what you get used to

i have some top range headphones/ monitors But do my mixes on a cheap AKG earbuds ... quite a few comments
that the mix clarity is good So in my humble opinion its trial & error until you find the characteristics
& the sound you are aiming for

this is mixed on the cheap AKG earbuds so you can hear for yourself

cheap ear buds click here

subvibe
I know what you mean and agree to a certain extent. Andrew Schep mixes completely in heads and he is using
Sony 7506's so go figure. I can only go by what I am experiencing, so far I have had to make far less adjustments
Since switching from the DT - 770 Pro I was using to these. I listened to your mix and it sounds very clear and balanced!

The kick doesn't bother me too much - not noticing that clicky-snappy thing on my end. You could reduce the attack or just add some general compression to the kick by itself. Six of one, half-dozen of the other... If the kick is on it's own track you could record at a very low velocity to get a softer sound then bring the track volume up in the mix.
Thanks, thats a great solution !

Back