HD24 I/O question...

Cazzbar

Throbbing Member
When you plug an analogue input into the HD24, say for a channel1-8, is it naturally routed to the ADAT OUT(1-8)? And conversely, if you plug an ADAT cable into the ADAT IN for channels (9-16), is that routed to the analogue outputs for channels9-16?

Cheers.

I believe all outputs are active simultaneously - not just on playback.

So if you go in via lightpipe, it routes out the corresponding lightpipe as well as going out the corresponding analog outputs (I know this for a fact because this is how I monitor my HD24 at live shows and I have had a secondary rig patched out for "backup" a time or two).

I do not know if it routes analog input to ADAT automatically though - all my pres have A/D and I never use the analog inputs. Still, based on its lightpipe behavior I would assume it does.

Thanks tnjazz, as although I do have an HD24 I don't have any ADAT gear to test it out on yet :o

I'm looking at getting a Saffire Pro (8 Pre) front end for it linked via lightpipe. When recording live it's good you can pass the analogue out of the HD to an analogue mixer for stage mixes.

If I wanted extra line level analogue inputs I was thinking of using the HD direct (instead of getting another A/D rack unit) and then if in a studio situation it would be good to route these outputs back to the Saffire via lightpipe for the Saffire to create a headphone monitor mix of all the inputs.

These arrangements are doing my head in though, just having a digital mixer with loads of pres and ADAT Out for the HD would be a lot easier! (I'm currently linking my HD to an analogue mixer using the Inserts on the mixer but too many cables!)

Last edited:
Back