Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Mister M

Musician and School Teach
Hey Guys,

Every year I throw together a Christmas tune, just for fun. This year I did "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". Looking for some feedback on the mix.

It can be listened to here:

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I've listened a few more times to the mix myself and and am cringing a bit at some of the lead vocal, thinking I can do better...

Merry Christmas.

well .... you're missing a large section of the song ...... you just took a couple of lines out of the tune and just repeated them. The guitar sounds good and I like the arrangement of the turn around section of the song, but it's missing far too much of the actual song for me.

Eh, I'm sorry dude, but this is pretty terrible. The mix is okay, but the vocals - all of them - are awful and the arrangement is pretty cheesey. Like Boob mentioned, it's missing a bunch. That ebow guitar or synth or whatever it is is terrible. sorry man. :o

The guitar was panned a bit hard for me..I can hear what you're trying to achieve with the vocals..the backing was kinda out of tune and I think you need to retrack your lead...not miles off mind you...its kind begging for a Roddy Frame style vocal and I can hear that in your voice

just needs a bit more work then you'll have yourself a merry little christmas tune :)

The guitar was panned a bit hard for me..I can hear what you're trying to achieve with the vocals..the backing was kinda out of tune and I think you need to retrack your lead...not miles off mind you...its kind begging for a Roddy Frame style vocal and I can hear that in your voice

just needs a bit more work then you'll have yourself a merry little christmas tune :)

Thanks for the feedback...I've had a similar feeling about the lead vocal, I think I can do better. After a few listens there are parts that I am definitely not happy with. Not familiar with Roddy Frame, I will check him out.

Back