Has ANYONE had luck getting Cubase Support?

Yes and it was good. It was all done via support request though.

However this doesn't work the same if you are on LE, there is almost zero support for LE.

Yep, me too. Never waited more than 24 hours for a response. I must say tho, the answers are not always what I wished to hear...

I don't think they care much for supporting LE users. The forums take care of the easier questions, that come from new users.

What version of Cubase are you using? And what is your question?

Yes and it was good. It was all done via support request though.

However this doesn't work the same if you are on LE, there is almost zero support for LE.

That's what I found VERY off-putting in cubase, I think if they took a little more care to treat people with a little respect, they would have a much better uptake of custom, I mean if they are not interested in people having a feeder sample of their wares, WHY BLOODY GIVE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, we don't ask for it!,,, I think the peeps on this forum, promote cubase a helluva lot better than they do!!, keep it up guys :thumbs up:

It is LE, but only because they seem to give it away with everything. I'm sure if you buy socks at Walmart, Cubase LE is thrown in for free. But I digress.
I have so many copies laying around, that they sometimes sit uninstalled for a year before I toss out the CD. But once in a great while I decide to install it. And the hilarity ensues. Now I understand not wanting to support a 'free' version. But you made it free! If it's to whet my appetite and pay for a full version, you failed miserably. I don't know the full version, but LE is a nightmare to install, and belongs in the garbage. Here is what I went through trying to install CD's I had kicking around.
  1. Being persuaded by the Bill Childress YouTube videos Learning how to use Cubase LE - YouTube, I tried to get Cubase LE installed into some older laptops I had kicking about.
  2. Nothing to do with the computer's specs; the 'verification' BS got me hung up on 'Your computer's date and time are incorrect'. WTF?
  3. Trying to get a license downloaded, error messages always were the norm, rather than the exception.

It took eons, and plying smart computer geek friends with alcohol to get this crap straightened out. It was the software. So, I decided to break down and try a totally unused CD into a new laptop. Sorry Bill. 1st was the M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface. :cursing: Error messages, incompatibility messages, crashes during installation. WTF? Guess what? M-Audio sold out, and the new owners don't support the Fast Track Pro. Other interfaces, yes, but not the Fast Track Pro. BS. Oh, well, I solved the issue by loading drivers but not from the CD. Now onto the Cubase LE disc.
No amount of Forum searching, on Cubase, Steinberg, or any recording forum solved the crap I was experiencing. The eLicence software is junk, and kept crashing. I actually had it working on an old PIII laptop with 1GB of RAM, but on a Duo Core with 4GB of RAM? :confused: Now Cubase won't open, since it isn't licensed. And I've put three CD's in three different computers, of varying processors and RAM configurations. Always a hassle.
I ending up scrapping it and downloading Audacity. All my Cubase LE discs ending up in the trash. I'll use the gear that included the CD (Alesis, M-Audio, PreSonus, Tascam, Yamaha, Zoom, yep; everyone gives the disc away), but Cubase is poison to me. But, maybe it's me. Maybe they can tell I'm an a$$hole, and don't want to tell me how to 'fix' their crappy software?
So, in the spirit of Bill Childress, I have Cubase LE4 working in an old PIII laptop with 1GB of RAM. And I record on it just to feel like I've won. But all the new laptops in my house have Audacity. For the record;
  1. It ain't the OS.
  2. It ain't the processor.
  3. It ain't the RAM.
  4. It ain't staying in my house.

Actually, it was likely the need to update to the newest version of eLicenser that probably caused most of the issues you experienced. LE just means 'limited edition'. To be clear, the original 'LE' is way different from LE4 (which was crap IMO). LE5 was at least stable. I have not tried LE6, as I am a user of full versions now.

The biggest issue that I found, is that LE version install discs are around for a while, while upgrades to the software and eLicenser programs keep updating. If you just try to install from the disk, without updating the software, it either does not work, or you have issues. It usually only takes a simple update of the eLicenser program, to get things running smooth. I have had no issues with LE5 on Vista, or W7, on 5 different PC's, ranging from HP Slimline Pavillion w/AMD dual core, W7, to Sony Viao w/friggen Vista, to my i7 home built beast. It just works, when the proper updating for the software is done. For me anyway....

I am not condoning the way Steinberg does things, but I have found that it does not take much to get it working, once you know how.

I do remember, when I was trying to get LE4 working, like 4 years ago, Steinberg support responded within 24 hours, and gave the correct information, as to how to get things working. I am not sure how it is now. It was confusing to me at first as well.

By the way, Audacity is a cool program, but compared to the power of a program like Cubase/Protools/Reaper, it could be compared to a child's toy, as far as it's level of complexity. Kind of the reason why it is a 'free' software. The LE version is only there to give a user a sense of what the program is about. Whether it works for you or not, is for you to decide. Correctly setting it up, and registering it, seems to be a problem for many. Was for me once too.

Steinberg don't make that easy for new users. That I agree with. But the product is great.

If you would like to try again, I would Skype you through the whole process. :)

Jimmy you are the MAN,
This is exactly what i mean, steinberg support=00
Jimmy's SKYPE tutorial=pure bloody magic

WELL DONE MAN! :thumbs up::D:guitar:

lol

The new cubase LE is amazingly complicated to get your hands on. For some reason Steinberg doesn't make it known that installing the trial for elements installs LE of the same version.

It's super weird.

But if anyone wanted to know, you have to do the trail of elements to get a hold of cubase LE 6.

Back