Has anyone ever played.....

SillySillyStacy

The Ovation CSD225 double neck acoustic? I know it used to be custom order but now they are avail and at a lower price. Just wondering what anyone ones experience might be.

I have the Ovation CSD225 and love it. It plays like any other guitar with more weight in the neck area. I also have a couple more doublenecks and this one by far is the lightest and purest sound as far as the 12 string.
The pre amp is nice and very acurate for what it is. Overall a great guitar

Because I think the Celebrity series is not well made and they don't sound good. This is just my opinion, of course. They were relatively inexpensive a few years ago, I believe, and seemed to be the "budget" line Ovation. Somehow people's memories have failed them over the years and these guitars are now by some freak of nature considered a real type of model for Ovation - the price reflects that, too. The price is up, I believe.

I mean no offense to owners of the Celebrity series. I own an Ovation from 1974. It kicks MAJOR ASSSSSSSSSS. And, even a couple of years ago it didn't cost me much more than most people probably are paying for their Celebrity series instruments now.

LL

Back