Had the Kemper Profiling Amp in my studios for a day - Recorded a song...

PJH

Today I had a friend come and visit the studio and he brought the Kemper Profiling amp with him. We decided to record a song using the unit exclusively to hear what this sounds like in an actual mix.

I used a Strat and a Les Paul to try and demo how well this works with single coils and humbuckers.

The track is a bluesy type song and I chose a JCM800 profile for the backing and the solo with the Strat but for the solo I added a Kemper Tube Screamer to give a bit more dirt.

The quiet part of the track I switched to the Les Paul on the same profile without the Tube Screamer and then for the harder section the profile was changed to the Mesa Boogie Roadking.

Guitars were a MIM Fender Strat and a Tokai Loverock LS98F.

I was blown away with this unit. It was really easy to get great tones and I found that you’re really spoilt for choice. The effects are top notch and you really don’t need much else for superb recordings.

I didn’t have the time to actually profile my own amp but I do have an in depth video demo planned for the near future.

Anyway the link for the clip is: http://soundcloud.com/temper59/kempe...g-amp-foxglove

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers,

Peter.

Attachments

• Session 4.jpg
    Session 4.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Session 1.jpg
    Session 1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Session 2.jpg
    Session 2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Session 3.jpg
    Session 3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 71
I'd love to hear what that device can do. Would it be possible for you to post a link that actually works?

Back