Had Enough Yet?

Huh?
The price doubles so the demand goes down.
That's just common sense.

Per Rasmussen Reports:

Rising prices mean less demand.
That's just basic economics.
The rising demand coming out of covid coupled with the diminished capacity caused by closing refineries when covid had demand low. Jesus. This shit is common sense. Unless you’re trying to rewrite the narrative I guess.

Rising prices doesn’t automatically change demand. It forces alternative choices if they are available. You must have not actually taken your basic economics class. Demand for gas is less elastic than most goods. People still need to get to work for the most part.

Last edited:
The rising demand coming out of covid coupled with the diminished capacity caused by closing refineries when covid had demand low. Jesus.
Why can't the Biden administration help them re-open?
Answer: Because Biden hates the energy producing states, especially Texas.
So the closed refineries are just sitting there unused and languishing.
This is truly pathetic leadership.

Last edited:
The rising demand coming out of covid coupled with the diminished capacity caused by closing refineries when covid had demand low. Jesus. This shit is common sense. Unless you’re trying to rewrite the narrative I guess.
The government’s actions are responsible. Both Biden AND Trump
Trump doesn’t get a pass. He instituted the state of emergency, started giving out gobs of money ( that we didn’t have)
Created the lockdown.
Demand went down, business were shut down, we were locked down. Major businesses in all sectors were shut down based on a few positive tests.

In essence the government started the destruction of our economy .

This occurred worldwide.

It’s all part of the ‘great reset’.

Under the cover of fighting covid, these bastards (trump included) are systematically destroying everything to usher in their vision of this new ‘sustainable world’.

You don't think sending our oil to Europe raises the price in the USA.
You don't think an increase in american supply could reduce the price pressure in the USA and abroad.
That's your understanding of economics, is it?

• US oil exports to Europe have surged to the highest point since Washington lifted its export ban in 2016.

Ah, so your point is that the USA should be sucking up to Russia's murderous fascist dictator, and you blame Biden for Putin's decision to invade a sovereign country.

Duly noted.

yeah, how about that?

As I recall, Trump was pretty much opposed to lock downs.
Can you show us different?
I must have missed that part.
He was. (In the beginning)
I don’t know if he caved, flipped or was in on it all along.
But on March 13 when he signed the state of emergency, all this was initiated. It gave FEMA powers, gave the States powers and money.
Personally, I don’t feel he had much power as a president once the emergency order was signed.
We are still to this day in a state of emergency. Biden signed back into it this year.

Yet another stupid thread.
Who started this bullshit?
Oh... yeah...
Dave now you sound like a 4 year old in a tricycle.

We’re in the midst of our economies being destroyed, our way of life to be radically changed

The world is kind of fucked right now, with no positive resolution on the horizon.

I’d say it’s worth talking about.

Dave now you sound like a 4 year old in a tricycle.

We’re in the midst of our economies being destroyed, our way of life to be radically changed

The world is kind of fucked right now, with no positive resolution on the horizon.

I’d say it’s worth talking about.
Well maybe JUST MAYBE if OP had started the "discussion" without grossly misidentifying a single human as the cause of all this, I MAY have taken it seriously.
But... no.

He was. (In the beginning)
He had a lot of pressure from a lot of people.
after two weeks he said:

“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF,” Trump said in a late night tweet. “AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!”
I don’t know if he caved, flipped or was in on it all along.
But on March 13 when he signed the state of emergency, all this was initiated. It gave FEMA powers, gave the States powers and money.

Trump wanted to let the states decide.
Cuomo was ready to impeach him over that, calling him basicly a dictator for wanting to reopen the economy after 2 weeks of employment damage.

April 14, 2020

This is the same Andrew Cuomo that put covid-patients together with nursing-home-patients.
A cold-blooded mafia-murderer imho.

The lockdowns should have never happened.
As I recall, there were calls to invoke the 25th ammendment before the lockdown started.
Trump was keeping the country open for his own selfish purpose to win another term.
So said the critics.
March 12, 2020:

The government’s actions are responsible. Both Biden AND Trump
Trump doesn’t get a pass. He instituted the state of emergency, started giving out gobs of money ( that we didn’t have)
Created the lockdown.
Demand went down, business were shut down, we were locked down. Major businesses in all sectors were shut down based on a few positive tests.

In essence the government started the destruction of our economy .

This occurred worldwide.

It’s all part of the ‘great reset’.

Under the cover of fighting covid, these bastards (trump included) are systematically destroying everything to usher in their vision of this new ‘sustainable world’.
I mostly agree with you. I think you can argue the government had to step in with some stimulus, I just think it was done really poorly, and obviously there was too much.

Fuel shortage coming. Truckers are out of diesel.
No Laidback, that is the equivelent of finding out you have no matches left.

The result is that you cannot light your candle so you are without light.

The result is that you cannot light your stove to cook food.

The result is you cannot light your fire to keep warm.

The result is you cannot have any hot water.

Now just sit and think what high prices, a fuel shortage, or no fuel means!! ................ November!!

Last edited:
Back