Had Enough Yet?

WWLaidback

Does anyone want a Keystone Pipeline?

bidens_stock_market.png
biden_gas_double.png

Last edited:
Shit, I had enough years ago when I was irritated at gas going to 1.42 a gallon. :)

It takes a special kind of stupid to think canceling a pipeline that wasn't operational caused gas prices to massively increase.

American-refineries cancelled their capacity-expansion-plans when the pipeline was cancelled.
I think a third-grader could figure that one.
Does anybody need an explanation besides the burgandy buffoon?

Last edited:
Perhaps you think the cancelation of the keystone pipeline has caused oil prices to soar in Europe as well?

1655399149939.png

Last edited:
Perhaps you think the cancelation of the keystone pipeline has cause oil prices to soar in Europe as well?
Indirectly, yes. Now they rely on Ukraine instead of the USA for their energy needs.
We were a net exporter. Not any more.
The Keystone system has been in the making for 15 years now,
Part of it came on line and the other part was cancelled at a huge loss to investors.
They don't want to invest in oil anymore.
January of 2021 is when the craziness got started, and it was a full-blown catastrophe by mid-summer of that year. (see graph).

oil supply june 2022.png

Last edited:
What's this?
The biggest interest rate hike in 28 years?
The worst inflation in 40 years?
I tell you what let's do, let's spend trillions on highway infrastructure and let's make gasoline so high that nobody can afford to drive. :whistle:

We were a net exporter. Not any more.
You are implying that is a result of Biden polices such as Keystone? Or will you be honest and include skyrocketing demand?

During 2019 and 2020, gasoline demand here dropped something like 10-15%. Refineries laid off many of their workers and several closed. They have not brought back capacity to match demand. Clearly there is little motivation to, as they are now making record profit from the price spike. To own the libs, you put the blame on Keystone. You are Smithers to the C. Montgomery Burns’ of the petroleum world.

Hard to blame them. They lost crap tons of money and now they are trying to get some back. Unfortunately, this is fking up the economy through inflation. You right wingers are pretty big on personal responsibility. You driving a hybrid or EV?

will you be honest and include skyrocketing demand?
Huh?
The price doubles so the demand goes down.
That's just common sense.

Per Rasmussen Reports:

Eighty-two percent (82%) say rising gasoline prices are a serious problem for their personal budget, including 60% who say higher gas prices are a Very Serious problem. These findings have changed little since March.

More Republicans (75%) than Democrats (51%) or those not affiliated with either major party (57%) say rising gas prices are a Very Serious problem for their personal budget.
By a 20-point margin, more Republicans (71%) than Democrats or unaffiliateds (both 51%) say the rising price of gasoline has affected their vacation plans for this summer. Republicans are also significantly more likely to say they have cut back on driving because of higher gas prices.

Rising prices mean less demand.
That's just basic economics.

Last edited:
Indirectly, yes. Now they rely on Ukraine instead of the USA for their energy needs.

Yeah that's dumb as fuck and you have no clue what you are talking about.

Eliminating a pipeline in the USA that never existed cannot possibly result in a massive increase to European oil.

Gas prices are almost entirely driven by crude oil prices.

Crude oil prices are driven by the global markets.

The global markets are huge, and do not revolve around the American President.

Biden hasn't made any major changes anyway.

So all this talk about gas prices is partisan gibberish. It has little to no basis in fact. But for Republicans, it's better to have arbitrary criteria for judging Presidents, because if people assess based on actual policy impacts, they can't win.

Eliminating a pipeline in the USA that never existed cannot possibly result in a massive increase to European oil.

You don't think sending our oil to Europe raises the price in the USA.
You don't think an increase in american supply could reduce the price pressure in the USA and abroad.
That's your understanding of economics, is it?

• US oil exports to Europe have surged to the highest point since Washington lifted its export ban in 2016.

The same thing happened when cfc refrigerants were phased out back in the 90s..
get a clue. This Gasoline (futures) ETF picks up on rising gas prices.
It isn't too late.
I'm thinking we'll see $8 to $10 a gallon and perhaps more.
When it does, I'll cash in and buy my Tesla.

USGF_6_2_22.png

The global markets are huge, and do not revolve around the American President.
Biden's adversarial-oil and pro-climate energy policies are handing the leverage to Putin.
At least that's what the energy analysts seem to be telling us in different words.
Europe can no longer count on us for their energy needs. FACT.
Hence they have an energy show-down with Russia.
That is bad bad news... for everybody.
What a lost opportunity, and it shows in a big way.

Last edited:
Back