Guitar Processor

Get yourself a decent interface with at least one mic and one "instrument" input. Then pick a software amp sim package. I have the PodStudio UX-1 and PodFarm2. With a couple add on packs it was a little more than $200, but it has a lot of stuff you might not need. Voxengo Boogex is free and can do some pretty convincing high gain stuff.

i bought a zoom G3 and plugged it into my desktop with a usb cable. it installed its own driver and came right up in sonar.

for what it is its pretty good. i got the one without the foot pedal and it sits on my desk.

Nevermind, you're in fucking India! :laughings:

Well I guess I could ship to India. It might take a while for the camels and elephants to get it to you though.

The HD stuff isn't bad for high gain and isn't bad for crystal clean, but is pretty ho hum for anything in between, in my (limited) experience.

And seriously, just check out some of the VST amp modelers. I forget which ones are freeware and which ones aren't (I'm old school and mic up my amp), but honestly a lot of the VSTs these days are better than Pod HD's, and the only difference between a processor and a VST is one is doing the computing inside your computer, and the other is doing it in a box outside.

You do know that the line 6 stuff are amp sims, don't you? But with the hardware, you are saying for thru box of electronics instead of just the programming.

Back