Guitar fetish is alright

Man,
ancient doesn't refer to the early 1900s except, on occasion, when sneeringly used as a pejorative when referring to someone or something older.
It, generally, refers to times prior to the fall of the Roman Empire.
Being that modern history is usually deemed to have begun C1750 and Medieval history preceeded that perhaps early 20thC would be closer to the mark you were aiming for.
Had you read the linked reference you'd find the Great Depression as the catalyst for change in terms of dressing piano keys as well as giving you a chance to avoid presenting a misconception as fact.
It's always a good thing to read the resources you link to.
Even better to cross reference that information, (remember google & wiki are not valid research resources: the former being a tool that gives preference to paying clients and the latter being easily modified, based on false information or opinion though they strive to authenticate as much as they can), with at least one other sources that agrees with the information.
Sighting personal exprience is fine though - when you can back it up.

I've been pushing their stuff for years. It's amazing what you can get at their price points.
Best bang for the buck IMO.
They've got those new Slick guitars that look awesome.

I got a set of minihumbuckers for 30 bucks that are awesome!

Ah gimme a break , come on guys, I didn't come here for an english lesson. Shouldnt you be in post production with justin beiber or something? I might chose better words if I were writing a Job Application or a Curriculum Vitae, but If I can take a shortcut on a hobby forum I will. I will back up the argument with muttley by going into the store in question and recording both the danelectro and a fender with my camera phone to PROVE what I said they sounded like. I was using ancient in a non literal way, like someone would say '"These ancient filament bulbs in my living room I should have replaced with energy savers" I just think of anything prewar as pretty ancient ;) Anyway, I'd expect such rigid demeanours on a PRO STUDIO recording list. Which I wouldn't go on because I have nothing to do with it. But for crying out loud this is a HOME recording list. Anyway, I apologize for trying to help people. I can't be bothered with the Ivory now on second thought, it'd be too fiddly even if you could lift a nut or 2 off a decent key. I might just experiment with the theory another guy told me that the nut should be made out of the same material as the frets and try and engineer something out of Nickel.

even if you could lift a nut or 2 off a decent key.
I didn't say a word about your english nor do I care as you are right ....... it's silly to get pedantic about grammer on a home recording board.

However, I have worked on pianos (thousands and thousands of them) for 35 years and am known back home as THE guy that works on antique pianos ..... other tuners would send them to me because they didn't want to work on them.
The ivory on even the oldest pianos is about 1/16" to 1/32nd inch thick ...... FAR to thin to make a nut out of ..... even too thin to make a bridge saddle on an acoustic.
There are NO old pianos with solid ivory keys .......

Yes I hear you on the key thing, I doubt I'd find any anyhow and if I did, they;d most likely want more than I was prepared to pay for them. as I said, I'm going to do an experiment with nickel. I'm a trained aluminium boat fabricator anyway, Just hope I can FIND a block of it and that it's not only sold in extrusions.

Ah gimme a break , ..............

People here will give you break when you do several simple things.

Read the threads you post in.
Do a little searching to see if the simple questions you ask have been answered previously. Most have.
Pay a little attention to the responses you get and not dismiss them and carry on posting nonsense regardless.
Answer simple questions asked of you.
Recognise that there are many here with a HUGE amount of experience that are willing to help you but not if you are not willing to listen or help yourself.

Do these things and your stay here will be a happy one. Do not do them and your stay will be fruitless...

Threatening me now?

I asked Jimi about his bridge actually for my tele plus and you put it on me to tell you why it should sustain more and then got stroppy. he never___ actually he did answer, he's not yet got the guitar together.
I told you I will get video proof of the difference between the danelectros.
I'm an axe fiend, I'm not well versed on pedals and outboard really, I like to know the histories of the companies, discontinued models, etc.
I can't have people flying off the handle every time I use my slang or 'lingo' in a post
I'd prefer to be educated rather than berated..
My grandmaonly passed away amonth ago, so i really have bigger fish to fry

Anyway gonna get the GFS crunchy rails and the alnico 2 neck pickups. theyre as close as I can find to the Seymour Duncan JB and jazz set
will let everyone know how they sound when they arrive

Would people stay with a vintage 6 screw trem (this is on the jagmaster now, one that shall be receiving said pickups.) upgrade the saddles, upgrade the whole unit or just leave it as is? I'm not gonna divebomb or anything , but I really think i should go for the roller nut so when i do use it, it will spring back into tune. (well that's the theory)

Back