Guitar chords expert! Need help please!

What do you mean "other chords are so hard to do"?

Learn to listen to figure out the chords. You also have the luxury of having it right in front of you to watch. I don't mean to scold you, but don't be lazy, put forth the effort to figure it out. Many of us here, if not most, back in the day we did not have the internet, Youtube, and an endless source for guitar tabs in order to learn how to play songs on the guitar. We had to pay our dues, we had to train our ears to listen very carefully to recordings to get as close as possible to play what we were hearing. In a way it's half the fun, and it's a form of practice. You also can experience a sense of accomplishment rather than just having put forth no effort, none of the work, and having it spoon fed to you.

That said.....I'm not familiar with the song. This appears/sounds like the way this chap is playing it....

I have edited this post at Famous Beagle's directive. I had my tabs all upside down. I'm not a tabs guy. I normally play old school, "by ear"!

Capo on the 7th fret

Intro/Verse (Played 4 times for intro. Played 3 time for verse, 4th time play Turnaround)

0 l---------------------------------------------------
0 l--------------------------------------------------
- l---------------------------------4----------------
- l------------------------------------------5--------
- l----------------------3-----------------------------
x l---------------------------------------------------

o l---------------------------------------------------
- l----------------------3-----------------------------
o l--------------------------------------------------
- l---------------------------------4-----------------
- l-------------------------------------------5--------

0 l---------------------------------------------------
- l-----------------------3----------------------------
0l----------------------------------------------------
- l------------2---------------------------------------
- l------------2--------------------------------------

Turnaround Into 2nd verse, and/or Turnaround into Chorus from 2nd verse(Damang dama na ang ugong nito..)

- l---1------------------------------------------------
- l-----------2---------------------------------------
0 l-------------------------------------------------
x l--------------------------------------------------

- l-----------2---------------------------------------

0l--------------------------------------------------
- l----------2----------------------------------------
- l--------------------3------------------------------

Chorus(Bakit di papatulan...)

- l--------------------------------4-----------------
- l-------------------------------------------5------
- l--------------------3------------------------------
xl--------------------------------------------------

- l---------------------3---------------------------
0 l------------------------------------------------
- l-----------2--------------------------------------
- l-----------2-------------------------------------
x l-------------------------------------------------

Repeat Chorus Chords 3 times then play the turnaround back into the next verse.

Notes: x = do not play that string. 0 means play that string open. Numbers mean what fret up from capo position note is played.

I've taken the time and effort to write it out. Now, once you learn the song post an audio clip/recording of yourself playing it. Good luck.

Last edited:
Mick, good on you for writing it all out, but that's upside down compared to normal tab! Normal tab puts string 6 (thickest) string on the bottom and string 1 (thinnest) on top --- just like the way your guitar looks when you're playing it and bend over (or rotate the neck) to see your fretboard.

First I thought, "WTF? This is all wrong." Then I realized what you'd done.

BTW, I don't think I've ever heard more audio compression than on that video! :)

Ha......sorry! I'm not a tabs guy, reading or writing. Maybe he/she will figure it out anyway.

That was a fair amount of work, and still bungled the job. Oh well. I thought it looked kind of funny, left handed guitar or something. lol @

(should I rewrite? :facepalm:)

I looked at the video, and on the videos that came up beside was one which was a tutorial on how to play the song.

The op asked identify these chords that he is using. Simplistic chord substitutions is not going to get you there. The open strings add flavor.There's also the walk up on the turnaround from em7, bm7, to gmaj7, where when playing the bm7 the bass note is not b, but f#. I'm not familiar with the song other than the vid in the link. But I like the chord changes the kid is using, particularly where they are played....adds a certain dissonance. Then again simple might be the op's speed.

Holy! Thank you so so much to everyone especially Mick for putting so much effort into this. Im forever grateful. Thank you thank you! :guitar:

Holy! Thank you so so much to everyone especially Mick for putting so much effort into this. Im forever grateful. Thank you thank you! :guitar:

I say this without meaning to start a flame war but.... you would likely be much better off if you'd put the same effort in as Mick did. That way you would be able to approach the same challenge next time... Thats how we used to do it and it grounded us well. Not everything in life is easy access. Ultimately you will without doubt become frustrated...

I say this without meaning to start a flame war but.... you would likely be much better off if you'd put the same effort in as Mick did. That way you would be able to approach the same challenge next time... Thats how we used to do it and it grounded us well. Not everything in life is easy access. Ultimately you will without doubt become frustrated...

I will! Its just that I was really confused and stressed and needed a little guidance.

Thank you again to everyone! :)

Amajmaximus+11

Back