Guess which one is Freddie

Which is Freddie?

• Total voters

CrowsofFritz

Flamingo!
There’s a guy named Marc Martel that sounds just like him. I’m not exaggerating. Here’s a game. Guess which one is him. It involves a recording of him and Freddie’s demo track of Bohemian Rhapsody.

I added a lo-fi tape plugin on Martel’s track and put a tiny bit of reverb on Freddie’s (since his didn’t have it) to make it harder to tell based on the audio quality of the recordings. You’ll probably still be able to tell that way if you listen hard, but it’ll at least be more challenging.

Yeah it was easy for me to tell but I play keys and the keys on Martels track are ass in comparison...First guy is Martel, second is Freddie...He is very good but not Freddie, Freddie had some magical voo doo going on with his pipes.

Yeah it was easy for me to tell but I play keys and the keys on Martels track are ass in comparison...First guy is Martel, second is Freddie...He is very good but not Freddie, Freddie had some magical voo doo going on with his pipes.
Awkward... It's the other way around. :(

• Haha
Reactions: TAE
Yeah this guy is REALLY good....Now that you say it it is so obvious the Freddie piano is acoustic and Marc's is digital. That should have been a give away. Dooouff!
Marc has him nailed.

Yeah I think I've seen that guy. Quite impressive. I think I've seen him quoted as saying it's not a mimic/gimmick, it's just comes out that way, it's his natural voice. Grain of salt.

Freddie could do some amazing things in the studio, brilliant in conception and execution. One thing I always thought disappointing live, Freddie did not often employ falsetto in recreating the studio recordings. A bit of a head scratcher. That in mind, perhaps it would be easier to guess who is who in live performance.

Back