Greg L and Bubba po collab - "Last Gang In Town" by the Clash.

Go4 - Armalite Rifle or Love is Like Anthrax. Some very cool feral guitar on those.
Television -Torn Curtain?
Pere Ubu - 30 Seconds Over Tokyo?
Psych Furs - Love My Way
Uncontrollable Urge - Devo
15 Summers - Gallagher & Lyle
Hoover Dam - Sugar
Egyptian Reggae - T M L
No More Heroes - The Ranglers (ST)
AND
Love Comes In Spurts - RH & the Voidoids
etc

Last edited:
Smiths, I could pull off Johnny Marr. Wait. That came out all wrong.

Me and Frank ( the amazing product of my loins) could do the music, but who could do Morrissey's voice?

The Damned I do every weekend. I love their songs but I need a Challenge. :D

But I'm not a shredder - please don't suggest anything that requires great guitar chops. :D

Unless you wanted to contribute, JDOD? :)

LOL, I could attempt a Morrisey. Some of the guitar work in Smiths can be pretty tricky mind - Marr was actually a fucking good guitarist - he covered up how technical some of it was by actually dressing it up in melody. A more rocky version of Mandinka would be cool.

What about something really obscure like Gaye Bykers on Acid?

Obviously I would be happy to play some stuff for you if there's any guitar parts you're stumped on.

You know what? I absolutely LOVE Marquee Moon. :D

Yeah, I'd love to hear you take on See No Evil Bubba - those twin guitar leads would be right up your street. You could see it as a warm up, before you took on the real challenge of Marquee Moon itself :D

LOL, I could attempt a Morrisey. Some of the guitar work in Smiths can be pretty tricky mind - Marr was actually a fucking good guitarist - he covered up how technical some of it was by actually dressing it up in melody. A more rocky version of Mandinka would be cool.

What about something really obscure like Gaye Bykers on Acid?

Obviously I would be happy to play some stuff for you if there's any guitar parts you're stumped on.
The only Smiths song I've really mastered is This Charming Man. It's taken me bloody years. :D

Gaye bikers.... there's a blast from the past. I saw them at Finsbury park supporting Siouxsie and the Banshees and The Fall. They were never really my cuppa char. :D I can manage basic rock leads - my style tends more towards alternative rock - but widdly-widdly stuff is pretty much beyond me!

I'll re-listen to Mandinka and give it some thought. :)

The only Smiths song I've really mastered is This Charming Man. It's taken me bloody years. :D

Gaye bikers.... there's a blast from the past. I saw them at Finsbury park supporting Siouxsie and the Banshees and The Fall. They were never really my cuppa char. :D I can manage basic rock leads - my style tends more towards alternative rock - but widdly-widdly stuff is pretty much beyond me!

I'll re-listen to Mandinka and give it some thought. :)

I started structuring myself some drums loops for Mandinka a few weeks ago (it was after Sinead had that melt-down and we were chatting about her on here). I think it was you that mentioned that Mandinka was a fucking tune! I didn't actually record anything meaningful, but I just worked the track, got a feel for what I wanted to do and then parked it.

I'm pretty good with the widdlies provided its only fast alternate picking with a bit of string skipping and legato. When it gets into tapping or sweeping I struggle. I can tap if I practice a particular piece, but I can't chuck it into my playing randomly and I've never written a piece with a tap in it!

This Charming Man is pretty hard isn't it?

I can't even think what a Bykers song goes like in my head at the moment - not listened to them for years. I got into all that stuff 'cos my sister lived in London throughout the post-punk/goth thing in the early to mid 80s. I still have loads of Alien Sex Fiend vinyl floating around the house.

Back