Got a new Mexican Tele (not due to thread about Mexican Tele's lol)

From the traditional series all the way up to the high dollar custom shop stuff, the bones are all the same.

As to the tele, may you use and enjoy it for a long time

:D

Lemme tell ya, a Traditional is every bit 100% a real Les Paul.
Yeah I'd agree with that. Says Gibson on the headstock and it's not a Chinese ripoff? It's real.

Re: yer Tele. I have a hard time thinking that's real and not cause it's Mexi. Real Teles don't have humbuckers! (Looks nice though. If it suits ya' rock the shit out of it.)

Due to the lack of holes or chambers?

Yes, that's part of it. Also, it's made "traditional". Swiss or no weight relief, "normal" 50s or 60s necks, actual Rosewood fretboards. The beauty IMO of the Traditional is that it's not especially fancy. Yes it's got binding and all the visual fanciness, but it doesn't have the modern so-called advances they've done to the Standards, like asymmetrical neck profiles, compound radius fretboards, crappy pie slice weight relief, bleh. A Traditional is way more like the famous original 50s Standards than today's Standards are.

Enjoy your Traditional for what it is - a real deal high end Les Paul made the way Les Pauls are supposed to be made.

A Traditional is what I have. Sounds and feels like a real LP to me, and is all the LP I'll ever want or need. Smart looking Tele liv_rong. People have been sticking humbuckers on Teles and Strats for a long time. Depending on what kind of music you are making, you might still want a single coil guitar in your arsenal, as it can do certain things better than a humbucker equipped guitar can do. The reverse is also true. Anyway, play it much and enjoy.

Back