Got a favorite pedal in your rig?

I use this pedalboard:
SKB PS-8 8-Port 9VDC Powered Pedalboard Black | Musician's Friend

It's cheap and kind of flimsy and plastic, but it does the job so far and it will power eight 9v pedals. I've got eight normal sized pedals on mine plus a wah. I like that it's low profile. It also has it's own little gig bag, which I like better than a big ol case. I've been gigging with it a lot and lugging it back and forth to practices and so far so good. My only problem with it is that I'm using a pedalboard. That goes against everything I stand for.

I have several pedals, I only mess with them when I'm bored.

Always preferred plugging straight in to my amp, and tweaking the volume and tone knobs.

My problem is that I don't like dual-row boards. My balance is bad enough that I want to just be able to hit one without reaching over another one and not hitting the one in the first row.

I have this secret fantasy about connecting a korg miku to a DOD Gonkulator and getting my guitar to read the Psalms.
:laughings:

My only suggestion is use a forstner bit to cut the holes in the board, not a hole saw. It makes more sawdust but it's quicker and requires less sanding.

I really want one of those gonkulators though...wish they weren't way too damned expensive on ebay, etc.

Yeah, I'll drill holes and strap the pedals down. It's a pain in the arse, that power supply Greg suggested doesn't ship to the uk.

I have a yearning for a Big Muff right now.

Was thinking this evening about my perfect pedal board. What I would want on it and never need anything else.

Cry baby-this old Ibanez delay(think a mate has it)-a plastic Aria flanger (I miss this pedal)-Big Muff-DS1-Jackhammer-Tube Screamer.

That lot into a nice amp and I think my tonal pallet would be complete. I would have to retire the old Boss HM2 which was my first ever pedal!

Yeah, I'll drill holes and strap the pedals down. It's a pain in the arse, that power supply Greg suggested doesn't ship to the uk.

I have a yearning for a Big Muff right now.
The one-spot doesn't ship to the UK? :wtf:

Dude, the Big Muff is a fun little toy to have in the arsenal. Totally worth the cost, IMO, and it's nasty in such a good way.

You've got me thinking, with your plastic Aria flanger comment, about this old DOD pedal I used to have that I wish I still did. I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was called (model number, name, etc.) but I remember what it did. It was the only pedal I took with me to gigs for a long time for my leads, it was literally all I needed. It sounded like an auto-wah, a flanger, a phaser and a slight tremolo all in one but when it was dialed in it would cut through and kick it up a notch. Wish I could remember what it was...:o

I've been buying myself toys for my birthday this week. A Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus arrived today, and I just installed it on my PedalTrain PT2. It's a great combo as far as fit and finish. I just got everything plugged back in, finally took the rubber feet and rubber backings off of all of my pedals so the velcro strips will finally adhere properly. Ran power to everything. Now it's just a matter of taking it downstairs and plugging it in.

Also I got a JHS Panther Cub delay pedal. So far it's been pretty cool. I'm not a huge delay guy, but I've been wanting a good analog delay for a while. It's a nice dark analog sound, and has a chorus-type modulation effect that you can apply to the repeats. It makes for a cool lush sound when used sparingly. I like that it has its own FX loop, so you can apply effects to only the repeats. And it'll accept an expression pedal that you can use for either tap tempo or to control any one parameter on the device. Nifty. My only gripe about it is that if I play any percussive sort of sound (muted strings or accidental static pops), the oscillation kind of runs away. It's weird, not sure if it's a defect or what.

I'm still waiting for the JHS FireFly Fuzz. I emailed the company on Monday and they're still waiting on circuits and chassis for those pedals, so it's gonna be another couple of weeks at least. I shoulda just bought one off of Sweetwater instead.

Hey, what ever happened to that kid who had his own televised talk show out of his house?

The last thing that I heard about that guy was that someone beat the crap out of him as he was walking home several years ago. :D

I'm in Indy now, shortly moving up to Auburn in about a year. Indiana HR jam time needs to happen soon - we can all meet in Muncie and call it good (enough). :laughings:

Back