good recording headphones

Alonyamin

Hey guys,
Im looking for very good headphones for recording vocals and synth in my home studio and i came across the sennheiser momentum on ear that looks pretty good,tell me waht you think about it,and if you can tell me about good headphones for studio.
Thanku :)

I think that for tracking (recording) any headphone that pleasants you will be fine. The only concern you have to have is that for vocals the headphones should be closed to not bleed to the microphone. Never tried the momentum but it seems to be closed so you should be OK. Sennheisers are normally good phones. I have a cheap HD280 and love it.

:)

If I was you I would get a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770s. I got a pair a couple of years ago and they are amazing for recordings stuff and also just enjoying listening to music. They are also super comfortable and you can keep them on for hours without them getting annoying.

And what abou the Audio-Thechnica ath-m50?

Those are fine too. They're closed back and do not leak much sound at all and are very good for tracking and even as another mix reference. They're a very popular set of headphones.

Just got my Sennheiser Pro 380s based on recommendations from Steen and several others on this site. Will try them out this afternoon.

Just got my Sennheiser Pro 380s based on recommendations from Steen and several others on this site. Will try them out this afternoon.

Is that the HD-380? If so, let me know what you think of them. I have the HD280 and recently bought the HD380 as well.

They are much better than my old $80 Sony's. They are not better than my Denon AD340's were, but since the left speaker is fried on the Denon's, the Sennheisers are better now. The noise cancel from the room is better than either, the clarity falls somewhere between. Comfort is par with the Denon's though.

Impressive for $130, but not quite a $200 set of Denons...Wanted to save for the D600's but too many negative reviews on the detachable cable...

My 10 year old sleeps in the room next to my set up so it's headphones after half-8 (and no strumming) round here.

For me, comfort is the key. If you're going to be wearing them for a while they need to be the opposite of fatiguing and a comfortable fit. In my case it's BeyerDynamic DT100's. Not the best sounding headphones by a long stretch but I can wear them til the sun comes up...

", but since the left speaker is fried on the Denon's".......
Have you contacted Denon for service Ken? It was I admit quite few years ago but I found the company very helpful and very good value for spares.

Dave.

", but since the left speaker is fried on the Denon's".......
Have you contacted Denon for service Ken? It was I admit quite few years ago but I found the company very helpful and very good value for spares.

Dave.

Thanks Dave. Great suggestion. Considering I bought these in 2001, I never even though about it, but if I could get a new left can for $50 I'd have a great set of listening cans again. Use the new Senny's for practicing drums and piano when it's quiet (they are more comfortable...) :)

I'm surprised - I could only manage 20-minutes maximum with the DT100 before I found them so uncomfortable I had to take them off (this was a few years ago, though).

Ha! I've watched films on my laptop, and forgotten that they're on; stood up, walked to the door and nearly dragged everything off my desk!!

I find a lot of problems with headphone comfort is due to my glasses but the DT's are great!

I have a pair of both the Audio Technica ATH-M50 and the newer ATH-M50x. They're both incredible. Very comfortable for long-term listening, and great for mixing.

I've been using Sennheiser 280 Pro for the past couple of years. I think I paid around £80-£90 and they are fine. Quite weighty compared to my previous Sennheiser eH150 but clamp tightly to the head to prevent bleedthru. Of course, there are many makes to choose from and sound is subjective to the listener. Also, they might feel comfortable in the shop when you try them for a few minutes but remember, they might be on your head for a few hours in the studio.

Back