Good films?

yeah good movie....i remember Amins reign well, he was a great king for us

anyway looking forward to Battle: Los Angeles as Skyline sucked hairy baws

I'm now watching Apocalypse Now Redux over two nights; started last night and will finish tonight. I remember seeing the original in the theatre when I was about 16 or 17 and didn't fully get it. Then I watched it many years later and got it and watched it many times since. (It's especially intriguing to watch when you've been drinking.) However, this is the first time I saw the Redux version and I love it. The whole french family scene... can't believe they cut that out of the original. This one french guy was like, "We lost this and we lost that and we lost more again...." ha ha ha.... yup, about sums it up.

By far, my favorite movie.

I saw Apocalypse Now at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood three days after it came out on some really great LSD from the third row.

Epic.

I've have the redux version on DVD. It's the only version I've seen, and it's one of my favourite movies. Still waiting for a Blu-Ray release in this country. :(

i spent years just watching the first cavalry bit...the Wagner scene is one of the greatest war scenes ever shot...pure class

Didn't he get run over by a tank?

?? kidney failure got him...

I loved his letters to the Queen

"I would like you to arrange for me to visit Scotland, Ireland and Wales to meet the heads of revolutionary movements fighting against your imperialist oppression"

and

"Dear Liz, if you want to know a real man, come to Kampala."

what a radge

The first Saw movie was passable. The second movie was verging on torture p*rn. I didn't bother with the rest. I think they masquerade as, and people believe that, they're clever movies, but they really don't seem that clever at all to me. I'm not really a big fan or those kinds of movies. I prefer horror films to be at least chilling. As opposed to sick and gratuitous which is just a lazy way to 'scare' people IMO.

I thought the musical score was pretty good. :shrug:

Back