good books for mixing and mastering

RobbieD

Hey anyone know like a really good book for mixing and mastering, and also another good book for mainly dance and electronic music??

I really enjoyed mike senior mixing secrets but honestly there aren't many mixing books available period so just grab many as you can and get to reading they all have wonderful tips and new information that you many not have heard. There are really so many variables in recording that i don't think that any one book will have all the answers for everyone.

I concur with the post above - Roey Izhakis "Mixing Audio" is my best buy ever, and if you buy one book only, make sure that is the one.

That said, Mike Senior's book "Mixing Secrets" is my third favorite, only topped by the cult classic "The Art of Mixing" by Dave Gibson (who is absolutely brilliant in presentation).
Make sure to see his accompanying video if you can get it.

Apart from those three you could look up "The mixing engineers handbook" by Bobby Owsinski as well - even though this is not as in depth as the others and half the book is interviews
with people in the business.

I havent read any other than Mike Seniors Mixing secrets for the small studio and i'd reccomend it.

We have Yoad Nevo coming to HR tomorrow! post a few questions HERE for him.
He has written a few books on the subject of your asking.

the cult classic "The Art of Mixing" by Dave Gibson (who is absolutely brilliant in presentation).
Make sure to see his accompanying video if you can get it.

Thanx for turning me on to this. I found the 2 and a half hour video: The Art Of Mixing (A Arte da Mixagem) - David Gibson - YouTube

I've watched the first half. I don't have enough drugs to watch the second half. I have to score first. This is the freakiest "instructional" video I've ever seen. I love it.

HA! I know what you mean RAMI. I have watched that video before.
There should be a warning label on it ..... Do Not Watch While Taking LSD.

Back