Good Balanced Cables?

Sorry Folkcafe, maybe we are at cross purposes? Shall we call a halt?

Re braided screens. Use a spike, grind a screwdriver to a sharp point* and 'comb' the braiding out right back to the outer insulation. Twist that together making sure not to leave any 'whiskers'. In fact with some heavy braids you can lose 50% of the wires before twisting then tin to make a solid wire.

Plastic substrates melting can be tackled by always plugging the connector into its mate held in the vice.

*But don't go downtown with it in pocket..."offensive weapon".

Dave.

Nice one, Rob. I'll bet you can hear the flapping of angel wings when you use that cable. Don't forget to buy the 4,000 pound power cord to go with it!

I believe the proper phrase is "There's a sucker born every minute".

I googled him. I bet he doesn't know he uses them. He'd just say "Get me a hifi", what sort sir? "I don;t care any really expensive one must be good - don't bother me with detail. Make it expensive!

I googled him. I bet he doesn't know he uses them. He'd just say "Get me a hifi", what sort sir? "I don;t care any really expensive one must be good - don't bother me with detail. Make it expensive!
Warren is notoriously cheap. He admonished his ex-wife once for buying a couch rather than keeping the money in investments.

I'm done; I made 8 cables and, after checking, 6 were good, and 2, not.
That would give me a 75%, I think; just passing.

Last edited:
Only 6 out of 8? How could you mess up 2? Hopefully the wife wasn't bringing you some afternoon tea along the way... that Long Island Tea can pack a wallop!

Back