Gloria - Thoughts on this mix

derekp

No vocals, just piano, guitar and electric keyboards. How's it sound?

Attachments

• Gloria_mdbmastered_Low.mp3
    8.2 MB
Was that half speed? A cover or original?

I don’t know what you’re going for but that needs a lot of work. Seems more like a scratch pad of a work in progress

I think you need more separation between the keyboards as everything sounds pretty much up the middle. The guitar and vocal could eventually stay close to the middle or goth straight up with the keys on either side.

I think you need more separation between the keyboards as everything sounds pretty much up the middle. The guitar and vocal could eventually stay close to the middle or goth straight up with the keys on either side.
Good advice I'll give it a try.

The sound is pretty charming. It sounds kind of lofi. The playing sounds like piano is not the dude's main instrument. But that's ok...simple, honest stuff has a charm of its own. It's atmospheric. I'd say if it just flowed a little better it'd be, well, better. But good effort. The school yard kids thing reminds me of that old Belle & Sebastian song. I think the song is called "If You're Feeling Sinister".

The sound is pretty charming. It sounds kind of lofi. The playing sounds like piano is not the dude's main instrument. But that's ok...simple, honest stuff has a charm of its own. It's atmospheric. I'd say if it just flowed a little better it'd be, well, better. But good effort. The school yard kids thing reminds me of that old Belle & Sebastian song. I think the song is called "If You're Feeling Sinister".
Thanks for the critique. I appreciate it.

Back