GIMP newbie...

minerman

Tonetard
Been messing with GIMP for about a week now, & I like it...Here's a pic I made with it in a couple of hours, the amp started out as a pic of a 1959SLP re-issue, & I changed the knobs, input, etc to match my Chupacabra (I even did the little labels under the switches, but dunno if you can see 'em or not)....I know there are a lot of guys that put me to shame with this stuff, but I've only been messing with it about a week or so...

xx

Cool edit man!
Basically think of GIMP as a free alternative to Photoshop...it's compatible for Windows XP and beyond.
Thanks man!!!! The pic I posted was actually 2 pics (I downloaded from the Marshall website), then edited 'em together...For a beginner, I think it turned out ok, & I actually like doing this stuff myself....

Yes, it's all free, & there are all kinds of shit you can do with it...I'm actually using it to work on a Reaper theme....I might post a pic of what I'm doing in a little while...

I have a couple of photo editors I use now, one does most everything I need, including quick resizing (by DPI, overall resolution or overall size), but doesn't have a cloning tool, which is why I have another editor. A 3rd one I have (don't remember the names of any) is so fricking complicated (like Photoshop, with layers, etc), that I never bother with it.

Back