Gibson SG Machine Head

jbascur

Hi folks, I have a Gibson SG standard which is a little old... It is about 15 years old...
I need to replace the tuners and i wonder if you can recommend me other tuner than the Gibsons standard which i feel yery unestable...

Anyone there know some good tunners?

thank you on advanced

I replaced my Fender Strat tuners with Schallers 25 years ago and they continue to work well. I have the same brand on my Kramer Pacer and although they are part of a locking Floyd Rose system, they still tune well when unlocked. There's my vote! :D

Hi folks, I have a Gibson SG standard which is a little old... It is about 15 years old...
I need to replace the tuners and i wonder if you can recommend me other tuner than the Gibsons standard which i feel yery unestable...

thank you on advanced

What is it that has convinced you that you need to replace the tuners? The stock tuners on my early 60's Strat and 30+ year old Les Paul work just fine.

thank you on advanced
Have you tried lubricating them? They might just need a shot of machine oil.

If you do replace them, make sure you keep the old ones just in case you sell it.

I have a '78 les Paul with the original Grover tuners on it-they are as solid as ever. And its going on 30 years old-just oil/lube them and they should do fine..:)

If you just need to replace a damaged tuner I may have what you need in my junkbox. Give us a description ...you never know what may pop up.

chazba

If you've got a damaged tuner, any Gibson warranty center can probably replace it for you. If you are having tuning problems, the problem is almost certainly NOT with the gears, and you should take it to a good repair shop for a setup before you try changing the gears.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back