Ghosts

Not of the FM variety. The one's without a serious mental health condition that we generally view as invisible. If you know, you know. If you don't, it doesn't matter.

Those of you that believe they push chairs around and open and close doors, I'm curious what your theory is on how they break the material plane, and why they only do it to perform menial tasks to intrigue you instead of creating mass casualties or world peace depending on how their previous life here on earth went. And why do it only once in a while. Why not just pick up a pen and write who they were and what the afterlife is like. I mean, pushing rocking chairs IS pretty cool, but so is solving a riddle as old as humanity. Also, wouldn't ALL ghosts do it constantly if any of them could? What are your thoughts.

I've come to view these things as falling into the realm of other dimensions. Such as in the film Interstellar (2014), where at one point the astronaut is within a structure of endless dimensions and/or points in time.

I wouldn't have this view if I hadn't seen the movie, it's a possibility.

I half-believe in a hereafter of sorts where our lifeforce continues, but I can't form a view of what that may be like. What we may refer to as ghosts would reside here.

I've come to view these things as falling into the realm of other dimensions. Such as in the film Interstellar (2014), where at one point the astronaut is within a structure of endless dimensions and/or points in time.

I wouldn't have this view if I hadn't seen the movie, it's a possibility.
Interesting, because if I remember correctly that was actually a hole in the plot.

I have to come to view ghosts as being non-existent.

However, were they to be real, I would view them as being illogical, irrational, capricious and malicious.

I have to come to view ghosts as being non-existent.

However, were they to be real, I would view them as being illogical, irrational, capricious and malicious.
You really shouldn't talk about him like that. :D

But you'e got to admit, he was a pretty good photographer.

And I never had a problem with him anyway.

I'd sure like to know what happened to Mad, though.

I personally don't believe in ghost that can move stuff or physically do anything. Now influence or intervene mentally I lean from maybe to probably on that. The greeks believed there were Muses that inspired artist...Music ,..get it? When I was a child I had a fever my hands swelled up like two balloons.....oh wait that's a different story...I was about 3 and was suffering from a severe case of tonsillitis , I started hallucinating and holy shit the demons I saw were so fricking real...I could not understand why my Mom was trying to trick me into believing they weren't there because THEY WERE THERE frightening shit I can still see them. I believe they were from another dimension that my fever allowed me to see for a brief moment...what I saw was not of this earth but they were real to me...they were like gnarly winged Roman soldiers flying down on me with spears but when they poked at me they couldn't get to me....fricking horrible for a 3 year old to have to deal with. I believe they can slide in and out but can not do anything physically here...

Don’t believe in ghosts. Usually there’s a good explanation for whats going on.

I remember watching a show where scientists were in a lab and they were all getting spooked out, hairs on end, that sorta thing. Turns out there was a machine playing a low frequency that made people do that. Thats gotta be as close to the brown note as it gets. I think it’s called the fear frequency if it even has a name. Here’s some more info on it. Science is cool.

Those of you that believe.....
I should have been more clear, totally my fault. Let me rephrase it. THOSE OF YOU THAT BELIEVE they push chairs around and open and close doors, I'm curious what your theory is on how they break the material plane etc etc etc.

It won't be a theory. I don't think an explanation for a phenomenon that hasn't even been shown to exist rises to the level of hypothesis.

Time for a story.. My vehicle needed to get the emissions tested. I called around. The testing facility with the shortest test time was in Addison. Best time to go was in the AM they opened at 730. As I was heading out the door I turned the TV on. I never watch TV but this time I checked traffic and weather on thee 8's. The TV comes on and there is a commercial for a Movie..November Criminals. Just as the sound clicks on the first words heard are " Addison, dont be stupid, don't go there!"

Listen to audio clip. My TV could instantly replay, so I saved it.

The kids name in the movie was Addison. Chloe Moretz was warning him. But at that time it fit perfectly with my life situation . As if the TV was communicating directly with me! Ghosts in my TV? Spooking me?

Yeah, there are no ghosts. Just crazy life coincidences like these.

Attachments

• Voice-001_001.mp3
    55 KB
Last edited:
It won't be a theory. I don't think an explanation for a phenomenon that hasn't even been shown to exist rises to the level of hypothesis.
But if you believe it exists you have to have some kind of rationale or personal opinion at the very least, right? I don't mean a scientific theory. Just looking for the thoughts of the people that believe.

I dont believe in ghosts as 'ghosts' but I believe and have experienced many times.....strange stuff.........I dont know the words for it all I can say is 'forces'.

But if you believe it exists you have to have some kind of rationale or personal opinion at the very least, right? I don't mean a scientific theory. Just looking for the thoughts of the people that believe.
Sure, and that can be a "theory" in the casual sense that's no different from a guess. But people routinely equivocate the scientific use of "theory" with the casual use, and they end up obstructing their own comprehension.

It's not really worth going with "a ghost did it" until you've exhausted all the more mundane explanations.

Back