Ghosts

Sure, and that can be a "theory" in the casual sense that's no different from a guess. But people routinely equivocate the scientific use of "theory" with the casual use, and they end up obstructing their own comprehension.

It's not really worth going with "a ghost did it" until you've exhausted all the more mundane explanations.
I don't disagree with any of that. Other people here will. Those are the people I'm wanting to hear from actually. I don't know if I mentioned that or not twice.

I dont believe in ghosts as 'ghosts' but I believe and have experienced many times.....strange stuff.........I dont know the words for it all I can say is 'forces'.
It too have encountered strange stuff and I'm willing to call them forces as well. In my experience those forces can't push rocking chairs or close doors though so I don't have a any thoughts on how they might do that or why only occasionally.

I don't believe in ghosts. However, I spent ten weeks in an opera house often talked about as having a theatre ghost. Rubish, I thought. One show, I got a call to go to the stage. The cast were very jittery. Especially the dancers. In the left box was a family - mum, dad and two kids. The box was ornate with a solid wood panelled wall behind them, accessed through a single door. Behind the family was a tall Harry Potter like dementor - hooded and cloaked. I grabbed my camera and went to the stage right wings where it was clearly visible. Here are the two pictures I took. I went to see the family in the interval and asked them if anything had happened? They said no - but they were aware everyone on stage kept looking at them. I showed them the picture - they spun around and there was ...... nothing.

Attachments

• ghost2.jpg
    ghost2.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 17
  • ghost1.jpg
    ghost1.jpg
    633.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The one thing that makes me think there's something like ghosts is .. on at least 4 occasions over the years, I have felt my elbow being pushed from behind, forcing my arm to jab forward. Once it was my shoulder, causing my upper body to twist and lean forward slightly.

The feeling wasn't like it came from within me, I actually felt what I thought was a person standing behind me pushing me. Like actual fingers touching my body.

I haven't seen any evidence, just felt it.

I don't believe in ghosts. However, I spent ten weeks in an opera house often talked about as having a theatre ghost. Rubish, I thought. One show, I got a call to go to the stage. The cast were very jittery. Especially the dancers. In the left box was a family - mum, dad and two kids. The box was ornate with a solid wood panelled wall behind them, accessed through a single door. Behind the family was a tall Harry Potter like dementor - hooded and cloaked. I grabbed my camera and went to the stage right wings where it was clearly visible. Here are the two pictures I took. I went to see the family in the interval and asked them if anything had happened? They said no - but they were aware everyone on stage kept looking at them. I showed them the picture - they spun around and there was ...... nothing.
Ok good, here's one. Kind of. You don't believe in ghosts so you don't believe whatever you photographed is a ghost, but it could be a "dementor". If a dementor isn't a physical being, but one of the spiritual realm, why do you supposed it would only be visible in pictures. At that one theater? And why only that one dementor? If there was some kind of portal from the spiritual realm to the physical realm that would allow spirits to travel between the two, why just that one spirit? And again, why only in photographs?

The feeling wasn't like it came from within me, I actually felt what I thought was a person standing behind me pushing me. Like actual fingers touching my body.

PERFECT! Yes. This is what I'm looking for. If those fingers could physically touch your body, why wouldn't they just grab a pen and a paper and tell you who they were and why they are pushing your elbow? And what would be the process to do that? Like, "we can walk through walls and the space time continuum but when we want to we can push your elbow a little bit." What's your thoughts on that?

Ghost are not possible - maybe alternative universe - but even then there wouldn't be these vague undefinable moments.
So as such things don't get moved by them - for one thing - how come Ghost don't appear on a sunny day when things
are going great? How come they never come around with things are positive?

Ghost are not possible - maybe alternative universe - but even then there wouldn't be these vague undefinable moments.
So as such things don't get moved by them - for one thing - how come Ghost don't appear on a sunny day when things
JFC. I'm not asking if ghosts are real, hence all the posts explaining that detail. I'm asking to hear from people that believe they are real because I have some questions.

Let me see if I can make this bigger using the same words that I've littered this thread with.
Those of you that believe they push chairs around and open and close doors, I'm curious what your theory is on how they break the material plane, and why they only do it to perform menial tasks to intrigue you instead of creating mass casualties or world peace depending on how their previous life here on earth went. And why do it only once in a while. Why not just pick up a pen and write who they were and what the afterlife is like. I mean, pushing rocking chairs IS pretty cool, but so is solving a riddle as old as humanity. Also, wouldn't ALL ghosts do it constantly if any of them could? What are your thoughts.

I should have been more clear, totally my fault. Let me rephrase it. THOSE OF YOU THAT BELIEVE they push chairs around and open and close doors, I'm curious what your theory is on how they break the material plane etc etc etc.

I think if they can make physical contact like that but don't do the 'grab a pen and write' thing that there must be something restricting that operation. Either it's not a capability of their 'being', or whatever is dividing our plane from theirs is doing the restricting.

I've also heard my deceased mom's voice a couple times, just as plain and clear as if she were standing right in front of me. Only single words, no phrases. However, I seriously believe that is some random bit of triggered electrical memory expressing itself via my auditory system. A flashback of sorts.

PERFECT! Yes. This is what I'm looking for. If those fingers could physically touch your body, why wouldn't they just grab a pen and a paper and tell you who they were and why they are pushing your elbow? And what would be the process to do that? Like, "we can walk through walls and the space time continuum but when we want to we can push your elbow a little bit." What's your thoughts on that?
I think if they can make physical contact like that but don't do the 'grab a pen and write' thing that there must be something restricting that operation. Either it's not a capability of their 'being', or whatever is dividing our plane from theirs is doing the restricting.

I've also heard my deceased mom's voice a couple times, just as plain and clear as if she were standing right in front of me. Only single words, no phrases. However, I seriously believe that is some random bit of triggered electrical memory expressing itself via my auditory system. A flashback of sorts.

Only single words, no phrases. However, I seriously believe that is some random bit of triggered electrical memory expressing itself via my auditory system.
You ever burn a jay, and talk back to it ? I totally would. Id get high and try to develop that like a superpower.

I have or should I say we have had experiences where things have happened in daytime and on sunny days. I wouldn't call them ghosts events. What that are I have no idea.

Last edited:
Why are 'ghosts' always hooded and draped figure, sometimes headless but never naked, drunk, gorgeous or handsome, even stupid. 'Ghosts' are always portrayed as scary.

Back