Getting a Control 24!

scottmusic22

Hey people!

So I know it's not the latest shiniest thing, but after a LOT of thought about a desperately needed/wanted control surface I've decided on the older Digidesign Control 24. I'm definitely a Logic guy but I've been using Pro Tools 10 a little more lately and it's not so bad :thumbs up: and I finally have a decent situation with having all of my favorite plugins in Pro Tools. I'm getting the Control 24 for about $2k with a replaced power supply and it was recently serviced to fix up any broken parts so I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for it!

It definitely seems like good value since I'm cool with sticking with PT10 for the next 8-10 years anyway, and the price is barely more than a lot of the cheaper controllers out there. A nice large format console/controller like this is an awesome step for my home studio since I think I have high quality sound covered.

Just curious what you guys think of this.

It sure looks cool!

I never really understood the need for a control surface, but yeah, sounds like a great deal.

I've used the c24, control 24 and digi 003 control and, I have to say, I did really like all of them.
The 003 was mine and I sold it in anticipation of a price plummet when Avid let go of the proprietry-hardware leash, but I really do miss it!

I didn't find any of them particularly user-friendly for plugin control, but I'd certainly buy one again for transport, riding faders and instant A/B (solo/mute) comparison.
The latter is almost impossible without a control, unless you actually want to write automation just to compare two things! :eek:

Health to enjoy. :)

I've been using the old frontier alphatrack for years now, it's a great tool but have always longed for more faders, the control 24 looks great, I love real faders

Back