Fuses, improve your audio quality with a two and a half grand silver one!

rob aylestone

Read and laugh
in the U.K. all our equipment mains power plugs have fuses, 2,3,5 and 13 amp ones. A packet of 4 are around a pound. The idea is that you select an appropriate value for the item being protected. It’s annoying with IEC cables because the three amp one looks the same as the 13, so most people use 13 amp fuses in every one so you swap. This enterprising company are selling fuses as a way to improve audio quality. With our current laws, probably an illegal and misleading advert, and clearly total bollocks.

until recently considered irrelevant by many in the industry."
funny
1 nm gold plated fuses! why stop there?

They should add "how about vintage 1950 fuses too!"... or "what type of fuses did the Beatles use ?" and what fuses did Neve 1073 originals use?
Everyone knows it has to have famous names attached to the fuses, like Nirvana Fuses, Beatle or Stones fuses, Tool fuses, Slipknot fuses, Billie Eilish fuses, and theres the whole country music fuses of the greats.....

I was reading about transformers and someone bought a original 110 ISA, and pulled the sticker off that said Rupert Neve and there was a Lundhall sticker underneath. lol

I think my BS meter blew up with this one.

However, I think that Argentpur has taken the cake with their cable.

"ArgentPur’s cables are unique – they are non-directional AND use NO lower-conductivity rhodium, gold, nickel, or copper surfaces in their signal paths, with only 105.9995% transmission pure silver. "

If I'm reading this correctly, these cable transmit more energy than is introduced. So your 100 watt amp will be almost 106 watts with these cables. This is truly a game changer, redefining the laws of physics. Elon Musk needs to use this stuff.

I would definitely pay £4200 for a fuse. It's a no-brainer, would make my hi-hat sound much clearer and crisper because the pre-amp I'm using has one of those QSA fuses.
Er, guys....how about sponsoring me with a little crowd-funding here ? I'd buy it myself, but I'm a bit short 👶🏿 since buying that $19,000 gold/cobalt banjo string.
And it hasn't snapped yet !

I haven't been following this thread closely...

Do those geniuses in the know touch on the age old mystery of which end of the cable plugs into the guitar and which into the amp, you know, for maximum signal flow vs attenuation?

Maybe I have the wrong thread?

Actually, I have a "directional" guitar cord. On one end is a standard 1/4" jack, on the other end is a Neutrik Silent Tip plug. If you put that end into the amp, when then plug in your guitar you get the old style "GRUNNNCHHH.." that we all heard years ago. Would that make using it backwards the "vintage" mode?

Back