Funklogic VRT

I would be careful with their stuff man, I bought a Palindrometer, and it worked great for the first couple of sessions, but I haven't been able to make it work since.

:D :D :D :D :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

I was all set to get setup with an RNC or two and one of those nice wooden cases you can get for them after I heard so much good stuff around here about them......then I find out that they are not balanced ins and outs. Lucky me. That would have sucked.

Why would that have sucked?
I have lots of balanced and unbalanced stuff intermingled in the racks and on the console. Unless your trying to run the cables too far it shouldn't be problem. TheVRT is perfect for me, I ran out of spaces in my rolling rack and the permanent wall rack and buying a whole new rack for a few 1/2 rack pieces wasn't ergonomic :)
Im thinking about the Palindrometer and swapping out the knobs with a couple rotary switches for insert selections.

SoMm

SoM, there is impedence and level matching issues with trying to combine balance/unbalanced gear. For effect processors and stuff, I don't consider it a big deal. For dynamic processors, it very well could be a problem! Depends on how you run them. I will as often put them between the deck output and the mixer input as I do using them as an insert. On the insert, the RNC's unbalanced i/o is no big deal as most consoles use unbalanced inserts. But if you have a balanced line out from a tape deck to a balanced input on the mixer, putting an unbalanced device between them COULD create some problems. :(

Too bad FMR did that on the RNC. It seems really silly to build a compressor with ONLY unbalanced I/O!

Ed

sonusman said:
SoM, there is impedence and level matching issues with trying to combine balance/unbalanced gear.

I didn't think about impedance differentials....Ive have a small stock pile of impedence transformers and direct boxes for getting around those kinda problems. Im og the school that you can make anything work if your willing to try and/or pay to make it happen. Really old gear you used to have to wire it yourself because there were no...connectors.
I have a nice wiring fiasco headed my way this year... Im about to buy an ATR-60/16, my consoles tape i/o are RCA phono while the ATR has XLR :)

Thanks Ed for clearing up my question.

SoMm

Back