Function buttons intermittent on TEAC 2340sx

SteveM

Does anyone know if there is just one relay for all the buttons? Or would it have to be something else? All the buttons stop working all at once, intermittently.

Not sure if there even is a relay in that circuit, but I would suspect an oxidized wire harness connector to that transport button PCB. Maybe take a peak at that and give it a shot of De-oxit to see if that fixes it up.

Cheers! :)

How's it going Jeff? That's a surprise. I'll have to go in there and find out I guess. Thanks for the suggestion. I can't imagine what else would control all the buttons.

How's it going Jeff? That's a surprise. I'll have to go in there and find out I guess. Thanks for the suggestion. I can't imagine what else would control all the buttons.

It's going OK, I guess. :)

I just took a peek at the schematics for a 3440 transport, which should be very similar to yours and didn't see any relays in that part of the circuitry that controls the transport, so any clicks or clunk sounds you're use to hearing in there might just be the brakes or the solenoid to move the pinch roller in or out. So yeah, most likely, just a grimy connector, maybe even pin 7 of that harness, which is the ground connection for all the transport buttons on that separate transport button board or the wire harness that connects it to the transport control board.

Good luck!

:thumbs up: I'll get around to pulling it apart eventually. It's always a project. Thanks for the input. I took the back off and I found it's going to take more than just the back cover to get to it.

It's going OK, I guess. :)

I just took a peek at the schematics for a 3440 transport, which should be very similar to yours and didn't see any relays in that part of the circuitry that controls the transport, so any clicks or clunk sounds you're use to hearing in there might just be the brakes or the solenoid to move the pinch roller in or out. So yeah, most likely, just a grimy connector, maybe even pin 7 of that harness, which is the ground connection for all the transport buttons on that separate transport button board or the wire harness that connects it to the transport control board.

Good luck!

Yeah, most likely, you'd need to remove the lower front panel that the transport button PCB is attached to. From the back, you can get to the the actual control board which it's attached to, but removing that board looks pretty hairy.

Alternatively, if you have the remote control, RC120?, then maybe you could just use that instead.

Alternatively, if you have the remote control, RC120?, then maybe you could just use that instead.

I don't have the RC, but I don't use the 2340 much. I was using it to transfer a couple things, but at some point (soon) I'm going to want to use it again..... and I'm going to have to fix it.

Back