FS: Pieces of Belden snake cable and MXL V67g

Adam P

I have a few pieces of Belden snake cable that I don't need so I'd like to get them off of my hands. I bought them from a studio in Nashville, so they are used, not new, but in good condition. I'm selling them because they're not long enough for me. I have two pieces at 29 feet apiece, two pieces at 27 feet apiece, and one at 24 feet. They are #8774 snake cable...9 channels (don't ask me why its 9, I don't know), two conductor plus drain wire, foil shield.

Product specs:

CM Rated and Individually Shielded Paired Audio, Control and Instrumentation Cable for Analog Multi-Pair Snake Cables
Number of Pairs: 9
Total Number of Conductors: 18
AWG: 22 Stranding: 7x30
Conductor Material: TC - Tinned Copper
Insulation Material: PP - Polypropylene Pair
Shield Material: Aluminum Foil-Polyester Tape
Outer Shield Material: Unshielded
Outer Jacket Material: PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride
Plenum (Y/N): N

They would be excellent for running between a tracking room and a control room, or for connecting insert points or outboard gear to a patchbay, or anywhere else you would use snake cable that wouldn't be moved around much. The outermost shield is kind of stiff, so it probably wouldn't be the best for applications where it would be moved frequently. Also, there are no connectors on the cable...all blunt ends.

Here are some pictures (high-res)
All five pieces
Closer view of one piece
Tried to get a close-up shot of "Belden" and "8774" but it was tough because the writing is embossed into the jacket

I'm asking $60 shipped for each of the four larger pieces (first come, first served on the piece sizes), and $50 shipped for the smaller piece. I'll ship to anywhere in the continental US.

I'm also selling a MXL V67G LDC mic. You know what it is...probably one of the most discussed mics on this board. This is the gold and green one. I bought it new a couple years ago. Since then it has probably no more than 10 hours of use on it. After I got it I was recording my own bands' music, primarily, and there were usually screamy vocals or no vocals at all, so I really just never used it. It does, of course, pass signal just fine, no cracks or hiss or anything that I can detect (I just plugged it into my A&H board about 15 minutes ago to check). The mic will come packaged in its original box with foam insert, and will include the zippered pouch, mic stand adaptor, and an MXL 57 shockmount, which is the shockmount made to go with the V67G. In the interest of disclosure, I will note that the shockmount does not utilize a a screw-to-the-body type of mount, but rather a very tight clamp style. It's tight enough that I would feel comfortable putting the mic upside down (like the big boys do) without worry of it slipping out. On the plus side, this does allow you to use it with other similarly sized and shaped mics...I've used it with my Oktava 219s many times. In fact, the shockmount has probably gotten many more hours of use than the mic has.

Again, some pictures:
What you'll receive
Mic in shockmount
Mic on stand adaptor

I'm asking $90 shipped for the mic and everything it comes with. Again, shipping to continental US.

Sorry for the wordiness...I try to be as forward as possible about this stuff. I'll also add that I have 100% eBay feedback and a mention or two in the Good Guy's List, all as a buyer.

I'll take payment through Paypal. If you're interested in anything send me a PM. If you have any questions, ask them here and I'll try to answer as promptly as possible. Thanks for looking.

Oh, one more thing...I'm not looking for trades, as I have other things I intend to put the money towards, but if someone where to come up with an offer for a trade plus cash that would put an SM7 in my hands, I'm all ears.

100 views and not even a nibble? Someone out there has to be interested in the mic at least. I hope...

1-week bump.

I'll take $80 shipped on the mic/shockmount, and offers on the cabling. PM me.

Back