FS: 1961 Fender Statocaster Neck

bwindsor

Thought I'd float this out here in case someone was interested before I go the ebay route...

I've decided to sell my 1961 Fender Stratocaster neck...slab board, rosewood, clay dots, etc. This is the real deal, I will provide pictures as well as all info as to how I came into ownership of this (over 21 years ago) if someone is seriously interested...neck has been on my 1983 '57 Vintage Reissue (American) since 1985...neck is awesome, very comfortable to play, does not come with the original tuners, but with the Gotoh tuners that were on it when I purchased it. Screw holes for original tuners we're filled, and a small crack near one of the tuners was professionally repaired at that time (again 1985) and refinished, still exactly like the day it was repaired (in other words exactly like new other than you see the finished repair under the varathane)...a few of the clay dots we're "capped" with abalone (and stained to match the rosewood)...I believe this was done as they had started to wear or "pit" and the luthier chose this option (just my guess as I haven't talked to him in about 5 years and never really thought to ask, as it didn't bother me). I suppose someone could remove these, check the condition of the clay on these (4 ) and go from there...can they be refilled/repaired? probably... I also have the original backplate with the serial number from the original guitar this came from (a 1961 Fender Strat that the owner decided he would "tear-drop"...I can only imagine how bad that turned out, but anyway the neck was salvaged as well as lots of the original parts (sadly not the body..a Strat with no "horns"...uuugggghh)...I will sell the neckplate with the neck...not looking to sell it separately at this time anyway.
Nut is also not original, graphite nut had also been installed prior to my purchase.
I can appreciate if this may not be the place to list this, or there may be no interest whatsoever here, but as I said above, thought I'd give it a try here first. I will supply more info including pictures if needed, as well as the price...it's not cheap, but if someone is rebuilding a '61 then they'll know what it's worth, and as I said, it's the "real deal"...nothing funny here, and I can supply lots of references.
Oh yeah, I'm selling it because I "have" to buy a Pacifica for the studio, and even though I love this thing, I have other Strats, etc. plus I've decided to put the guitar back to original (maple neck) and with the money I have tied up in this....you know the story...

Thanks, BW

Update

Just a quick update for those who PM'd me, etc:

I took the pictures last night, and will send them tomorrow (forgot my camera cable to upload today)...I will also post here....

Just for information, the neck date (pencilled) is 7 - 61, and the serial number on the neckplate is 63338.

I have left the GOTOH tuners on the neck, but will sell the neck without....also will sell neckplate separately if buyer of neck doesn't want it in the deal.

I also have some documentation between Mark Warren / The Fret Clinic and Fender USA authenticating the neck, etc. that I can provide if needed.

Thanks,

BW

Having problems posting pictures due to size restrictions...anyway, here is the url for photobucket site where the pictures are stored...PM me if you require a password to view (not sure)...Please note that guitar body is not for sale in pictures where it is shown...the pickup/pickguard assembly (WD ST 10-28 Mini-Lipsticks) however is for sale...PM me for details.

https://photobucket.com/albums/a138/Pinederosa/

Thanks,

BW

Since the "market value" for this type of thing is a little up and down, I would be interested in hearing any legitimate offers on this before going to ebay on Tuesday...I did get quite a few inquiries when first listed, but not a whole lot of follow up (only a few) so I'm wondering if there is a "real" market out there for these "vintage" parts, or not...
Thanks again for looking, BW

Back