Free multitrack software

aje742

Can anyone recommend me some free multitrack recording software I can try out? I'm using audacity right now, but am having a few diffuculties/problems with it.

Manning is the last person who's open-minded about multitrack software. Take his advise with a LARGE grain of salt. He just pollutes these forums with his incessant spam.

Actually, my guess is that Manning's associated with pgmusic but doesn't disclose it - there was a B. (Bo?) Manning involved in a tstar multitrack software application back around 2000. Wouldn't surprise me if it were one and the same the way he harps on and on and on and on about it.

boy oh boy fraser. i'm just a darn user.
its easy to see if i'm lying. anyone can check .
just go here aje....and ask these users what they think of it.
http://www.pgmusic.com/cgi-bin/Ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=3
this is the powertracks user forum.
i just love the product. AND SO DO THOUSANDS OF OTHERS !!!!
including professors of music at universities.
and fraser, if you or anyone else here makes any more false accusations that i work for pgmusic - which i dont , then i'm complaining to the owner of this board. because i'm getting sick of these false accusations.
in fact i'm getting darn angry. the owner of the board can check with pg that i'm only what i claim and that is a long time registered user like thousand of others.
peace.
geesh !

Last edited:
manning1 said:
and fraser, if you or anyone else here makes any more false accusations that i work for pgmusic - which i dont , then i'm complaining to the owner of this board. because i'm getting sick of these false accusations.
in fact i'm getting darn angry. the owner of the board can check with pg that i'm only what i claim and that is a long time registered user like thousand of others.
peace.
geesh !
Manning maybe you just don't get it. Everyone is just trying to figure out why you are over zealous about pgmusic, that you make painfully obvious. Ok so you don't work for them, you don't have stock in them, then why? Is it a relative of yours that you do this for? Are you trying to promote the company to make sure they keep you in cheap software? What? What? Just what is it? If you continue to say it's because you just like it then you are insulting everyone's intelligence. Just come clean. You could go the other route and complain to the moderators who will then take a look at the situation and probably kick you off for advertising powertracks and drummer in a box as much as you do...

Bottom line is it's becoming like a pissin contest and you're the one everyone has in common. Just let it go man and make the peace you proclaim everyday.

I'd love for the Mods to look at the Powertracks and now Band in a Box threads around here.

I don't know anyone else around here that promotes a multitrack app like Powertracks is promoted. It's enough already.

morningstar. frankly i would be happy if the moderators DID check with pg. that way everyone would see i'm clean. as a whistle. no relatives. nada. zilch . nothing. there is an old saying where i come from. be true to yourself.
thats all i am. are you saying i should just stop posting my recommendations ?
by the way i love the state of new york. but could never live there.
everythings toooo fast. been offered some great jobs in the past there.
loads of money but not peacefull enough.peace.

Manning1 all you have to do is check your post history to see that you are not clean. Why you advertise pt and biab is irrelevant and ya it would be nice not to read about pgmusic for a few months at least.

New York is a great place to be. It's not all fast living. It's all about variety and you get to choose. The inner cities is where the trouble is but you have that everywhere in the world, even in Victoria.

Yeah .... I'd say Powertracks is more like a Cadillac.
A Cadillac Cimarron ... a glorified Chevy Cavalier.
Just like Gary Curran has stated to you manning. If you want to tout Powertracks to others, you should mention it for what it is. A decent "entry level" program that offers features that are similar to those of the Pro class (Lamborghini) options. Maybe PTPA 9 will be a stepping stone to a better version 10. Maybe!
However, I like many others am a bit tired of hearing your hundreds and hundreds of posts about PGmusic.
Maybe Dragon can set you up your own happy little corner of the forum .....
"manning1's PGmusic rant" ... sounds blissful eh?

In the words of your endless wisdom ... I bid you ... peace.

It might be helpful if someone asks about FREE software to actually direct the to something that is actually FREE!Like this:
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/
I would definately check this out,aje742!I've played around w/it a little and it seems to have lots of possibilities!

manning1 said:
aje. read this post from johnboy...and try what i use.
notice the many other positive user comments.
including how people tried many other programs.
http://www.pgmusic.com/cgi-bin/Ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=002393
keep an open mind !

He asked about free software.

Kristal. I've only looked at the demo briefly and it seemed to work. Can't beat it for free.

If you're planning on spending any money, seriously consider Samplitude 6 studio. Blow out for 79 bucks or so. You won't find a better deal.

crankz1 said:
Yeah .... I'd say Powertracks is more like a Cadillac.
A Cadillac Cimarron ... a glorified Chevy Cavalier.
Just like Gary Curran has stated to you manning. If you want to tout Powertracks to others, you should mention it for what it is. A decent "entry level" program that offers features that are similar to those of the Pro class (Lamborghini) options. Maybe PTPA 9 will be a stepping stone to a better version 10. Maybe!
However, I like many others am a bit tired of hearing your hundreds and hundreds of posts about PGmusic.
Maybe Dragon can set you up your own happy little corner of the forum .....
"manning1's PGmusic rant" ... sounds blissful eh?

In the words of your endless wisdom ... I bid you ... peace.

Well, remember Manning stated in a post somewhere around here that many pro's who used higher-end apps, goto Powertracks Pro and find that they can work better - or something to that effect. I can't quote exactly because when you type in Powertracks for a seach, 500 some posts come up (unfortunately, some of them are mine). :D

I'm laughing at the idea he presented of course. Although I suppose if you goto the PG Music forums, those pro's will actually verify. :rolleyes:

I'd agree with a PG Music forum...that would be great - if that were the only place Powertracks and BIAB were peddled. None of the "powers that be" seem to think that all this is a problem, so I guess we're all just wasting our breath (or typing as it were).

warble said:
Well, remember Manning stated in a post somewhere around here that many pro's who used higher-end apps, goto Powertracks Pro and find that they can work better - or something to that effect. I can't quote exactly because when you type in Powertracks for a seach, 500 some posts come up (unfortunately, some of them are mine). :D

I'm laughing at the idea he presented of course. Although I suppose if you goto the PG Music forums, those pro's will actually verify. :rolleyes:

I'd agree with a PG Music forum...that would be great - if that were the only place Powertracks and BIAB were peddled. None of the "powers that be" seem to think that all this is a problem, so I guess we're all just wasting our breath (or typing as it were).
I guess we are all getting carpel tunnel syndrome over a problem that will most likely go unsolved. Manning likes powertracks, big deal. Why get worked up over it? If you don't want to see it, add him to your ignore list.
But on the other hand, I can see why you'd get mad. The guy asked for FREE software. Powertracks costs about $50.00 = not free. For that, I can say it was a bad idea to offer it up.

Try http://www.hitsquad.com/

They have tons of stuff you can look through and find free software, shareware and some demos for things you have to pay for later. You can find what you are looking for there.

Kristal.....

I use Audacity and Kristal. They work good together, Kristal for tracking, Audacity for editing. Kristal has some nice features and effects included. When I tried to multi-track with Audacity it ate my poor Plll 700 for lunch! It's really resource hungry.

And NO.....I am NOT going to start "this is the best combo" threads!. It's just working good for me at the moment.......;-)

Acid Xpress is another ... I've never used it, but Acid Pro is great. Pro Tools also has a good free multitracker (you can track up to 16 with that I think) might be worth checking those out.
Peace

Rokket said:
I guess we are all getting carpel tunnel syndrome over a problem that will most likely go unsolved. Manning likes powertracks, big deal. Why get worked up over it? If you don't want to see it, add him to your ignore list.
I agree!I like the guy and find quite a bit of amusement in his powertacks fetish!Maybe I'll try it one of these days,though I'm afraid it will take over my soul! :D

beezelbubba said:
I agree!I like the guy and find quite a bit of amusement in his powertacks fetish!Maybe I'll try it one of these days,though I'm afraid it will take over my soul! :D

Don't do it!!! Don't do it!!! LOL :) If you're using high-end software, you're recordings will take on a new life if you switch. LOL

Smurf said:
I use Audacity and Kristal. They work good together, Kristal for tracking, Audacity for editing. Kristal has some nice features and effects included. When I tried to multi-track with Audacity it ate my poor Plll 700 for lunch! It's really resource hungry.

And NO.....I am NOT going to start "this is the best combo" threads!. It's just working good for me at the moment.......;-)

That's what I use, though I track with my fostex mr8, mix with kristal, and edit with Audacity. :)

It really amazes me that such amazing software can be free. Sure, it may not stack up to the pro level stuff, but it works real well for me, for now. My only gripe with audacity is that the VST wrapper doesn't seem to work with plugin GUIs. Native support for more plugins would be an excellent feature to add.

Back