Fostex R2Rs 4 Sale

ausrock

Probably only of interest to guys on the US west coast but one of the regular nice guys (Stainless) over at RP.com has listed this.........:

"2 (yes two) Fostex G-16's- one has the optional internal sync and midi feature- the one with no options has an intermittent output on 15... you can record to 15, see the levels on the meter... but - as I would normally put the kick on 1 and the bass on 16, leaving 2 and 15 blank, this wasn't much of an issue

The deck with the optional cards I've never used aside from plugging in and powering. It came out of a studio in L.A.- it reportedly has a new head (by Fostex)... I got it in a lot bid and my main focus was some rack gear. It has a transport extension cable and a blank cover for the deck- both have rack "ears", one set is factory, one is homemade (by me)

I also have 2 new in the box hubs

and I have the original packaging for one of the decks NO MANUALS- if your seriously interested in these I'm assuming you know how to operate them

18 - 20 reels of tape, mostly used, but many have lots of blank/unrecorded tape... if for nothing else, you get reels

and I have 2 Fostex line amps (8 channels each) good for remote/live applications

and a Fostex external sync with one interlink cable

and a Fostex 32 TR patch bay

and a bunch of studio snakes, almost enough to hook up one of the decks (so you may need to get some cabling)

I'm keeping an 8 track Tascam that I got from Stryder, so I'm not completely abandoning tape... but the Fostex aren't getting used and I could use the space

local pick-up would be great (I'm in northern California) as the decks weigh ~70 -80 # a pieces and the safest way to ship would be crated truck/freight (so unless you have a forklift, you'd have to pick up at the freight terminal)... I'd estimated crating and freight to be close to $200 cross country

any interest, make me an offer short of insulting- I'll consider trades, but my desire for gear is limited. I have PayPal, 100% feedback, blah, blah, blah. Being Vintage equipment it is sold AS-IS

and I don't have pictures... they are as described, no cosmetic issues-
If you don't know what this equipment is/'looks like... you probably should be buying it."

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=36482

:cool:

Back