FOSTEX MR8 "MTC Frame Rate Setting" HELP

crgl

I want to set my MR8 as the master device and my PC (Cakewalk) as a Slave Device for recording some keyboard and drum module parts on the MR8.
I already know how to set it so when I press record in the MR8, Cakewalk should begin the sequence ( I have not done it yet ).

My Question:

MR8 gives me four options for "MTC Frame Rate Setting": 24, 25, 30nd, 30df

Cakewalk gives me four options: 24, 25, 30N, 30D

Is there a best MTC Frame Rate Setting for syncing both MR8 and Cakewalk or will they work well as long as both are set at the same frame rate setting ?

I suspect it doesn't make much difference, but they must be the same.
The highest rate (30 non-drop) probably offers slightly more resolution but I dunno if the diffrence will be noticable.

Orc

30ND is pretty much considered to be 'standard', tho the others should be able to keep up with what you're doing as well, as long as you're not sneaking some video synch in there anywhere...

:)

Thanks for your responses.

I am already figuring this out and I already tried the syncing cappability of my MR8 with Cakewalk. The only things I had to adjust in my MR8 were the pre-roll count ( MR8 is set to begin recording in the -2 bar by default, but you can change that ). I also adjusted Cakewalk offset by 1 hour ( MR8 is set that way, fixed ) when I tried to record with MR8 ( these you only have to do if you choose to record with one of the setting of the MR8 I don't remember if MTC or CLK )

Another question:

Is there a best setting for recording between :

MTC and CLOCK ? ( these are MR8 options for syncing out )

Back