FOR SALE: Brand New Vintage 1961 RESLO RIBBON MICROPHONE - Still Sealed!

Raz E Razden

Rare ribbon mic manufactured in 1961 by Reslosound Limited (of Essex). The microphone is in mint condition and has never been used - it is still in its sealed box! The one pictured on the stand is the one I opened and use personally. Upon opening the box for my own mic, it was in perfect cosmetic condition and was fully functional. Inside were my packaged Reslo PRL 30/50 microphone, original patch cord with microphone attachment, and Installation Instructions from 1961. Sold one of these mics to a guy in Japan and he was so impressed with the sound that he basically replaced his newer AEA R44 series mic with this vintage RESLO! Sold “as is” due to age. The mic offered for sale has never been opened - it has never been opened for photos - it has never been inspected since 1961 at the time of manufacture!

For those that don't recognize it, the PRL is a less common high-end microphone from RESLO (it is not "The Beatles" mic - lol ). The significance of the model number "30/50" is 30/50 ohms impedance: extremely low noise.

Asking $1150 CDN plus shipping.

Last edited:
$1150 seems excessive.

I bought one on ebay recently for £80; About half the going rate for one in good nick.

Ok, it wasn't new and sealed, but even at that, it seems like $400 would still be pushing it.

Please do not post any unsolicited opinions about the item for sale. If you require any clarifications then please send me a PM and I will be happy to answer all questions. Clarification:

THE RESLO MIC FOR SALE HAS NEVER BEEN OPENED. THE BOX HAS NOT BEEN OPENED FOR THE PHOTO. THE MIC ON THE STAND IS MY OWN MIC THAT I PHOTOGRAPHED TO SHOW YOU WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE; I AM KEEPING THIS ONE FOR MYSELF AND ONLY OFFERING THE SEALED ONE FOR SALE.

I had six (6) of these and sold four (4) of them to professional studios; all of whom payed over $1200 US. Including one well known percussionist who did the percussion for Walt Disney's animated "Tarzan" movie.

I have a lot of excellent gear for sale and am testing the waters with homerecording.com if this goes well then I have some real gems to come.

Positive vibes to you my fellow recording producers,

Raz

Unsolicited opinions are how people ensure that everyone is getting a fair deal. You'll have to learn to live with that if you plan to sell gear on messageboards.

I don't require clarification. I get that it's new and unopened and acknowledged the fact.

This forum pretty much works on 'unsolicited opinion'.
I'm not aware of anyone else on this forum owning a reslo, so how much I paid seems like it'd be relevant and important information to any potential buyers, even if mine was used.

If I was the guy who signed up just to sell stuff, maybe I'd take your advice, but I'm not.

For that reason alone, you'd be lucky to get a sale here, but good luck to you all the same.
If that's what some people will pay, then fair play.

EDIT. The attachment system here is picky. You might wanna host externally, or try again.

Well, since you asked for my opinion, you're asking too much for the mic. Reslos are over rated.

Back