Focusrite Saffire Pro 14

creation25

I am having driver issue with my Saffire Pro 14 unit and even though I did addressed this problem under a different thread, I thought I should address it on here so a Focusrite tech can see it more clearly. It's been a week since the issue arise. I got my firewire card yesterday and installed the unit. The card seems fine as it was updating the driver when I insert it into the pci slot. But couldn't detect the driver on the unit. I have updated the unit to it's latest driver mixcontrol 3.2 but when I open it it says "hardware not connected".

My card is a SIIG 3 port pci VIA VT6307/VT6308 chip and meets Focusrite requirement compatibility list on the manual. Not sure why it's not working. I have tried all 3 port and the FW light in the front doesn't light up at all. I have revert to the legacy driver, reinstalled mixcontrol 3.2, plugged the unit back, it continue to say "hardware not connected".

So why are you developers are not engineering the right kind of driver that makes the darn thing work!

If you advertise that a device above is compatible with the unit, then it shouldn't take a million workarounds.

Really hope one of the Focusrite tech will come on here and address this issue for me.

Ah. Was just about to ask if you're using Saffire Mix Control. I've got 2 Pro 40s and sometimes need to switch them off then on again, or power up Mix Control in order for them both to show linked and firewire active.

Ah. Was just about to ask if you're using Saffire Mix Control. I've got 2 Pro 40s and sometimes need to switch them off then on again, or power up Mix Control in order for them both to show linked and firewire active.

I wasn't able to use the mixcontrol at first, it says "hardware not detected". Both lights came on except the FW light. After I had it replace, the FW light work and I was able to access the mixcontrol.

As long as my computer is turn on the unit is always active . I haven't have any trouble with the unit so far except the mixcontrol routing starting to get on my nerves. So I found out that I have to mute channel 3/4 without getting feedback in the daw. :)

Back