focusrite Liquid Channel

skuthepoo

anyone used one? id like to see a comprehensive review video, but there are only videos of people saying "wow it sounds so great" but what someone says and how it actually sounds can be two different things. best to hear it for yourself, but with it priced at around £1,400 i cant afford to jut test one out. but i could get one on finance and see, but just wondered if anyone had used it and how much they loved it or whatever

cheers guys

I have not used one. Personally, I think preamps are overhyped. I'd go with a solid two-channel pre that sounds good over a swiss army knife type box that "does it all". My experience with such devices is that they rarely do it all very well.

I have done plenty of research and I rented one for a while. excellent device. focusrite (well actually the company they hired to do this for them) really knows their modelling. and the preamp models work very very well from my experience. plenty well enough to give the impression that you are using the real thing.

however there truly isn't anything quite like having the real thing, specially so when it comes to how some preamps work with some microphones.

But for the price it is a very good preamp and is lots of fun. worth it imho.

but I love and embrace emulations - many people don't.

it's not perfect.

Back