Focsurite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface question

viktor80

hi

I'm looking for a good multi-track recording solution for home studio to record several separate instruments simultaneously each track in separate channel for 8 channels, phantom power, 2 better 4 headphones, minimum 4 outputs, midi I/O. for simultaneously recording in separate channel: guitar, bass, drums, synth, piano, 2 dynamic microphones for guitar and piano. within 500 bucks, but I decided to add a hundred bucks if it's really worth it. but to understand it, I would like once again to hear your opinion or even better your experience from practice

in the main I'm interested in Focsurite Scarlett 18i20 and Roland OctaCapture

about Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 I've done some research, I read manual, watched reviews and somehow already have some idea about it. in this case, I need to compare the quality and capabilities of these two devices and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of both, functions, preamp, adaptability with a DAW and which DAW better etc

now Roland OctaCapture, I have read from two different sources about problems. one of this bad reviews is here Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Roland OctaCapture USB 2.0 Audio Interface does anyone know anything about this?

but the other hand auto-sens automatic volume adjustment of incoming signal is very convenient, plus digital mixers control and 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality

It would be very helpful to hear your opinion again

thx

Last edited:
Back