First track of 100 3d printed homes going up for sale in Texas....

TAE

All you have is now
One of my x's lives in Texas...well X boss that is...
He built mansions in Texas for the likes of Michael Dell and George W Bush.

I've seen this technology before but I believe this is the first track of 3d printed (with concrete) homes..
Click on the pic if you want to read the story...

1695910046154.png

Last edited:
One of my x's lives in Texas...well X boss that is...
He built mansions in Texas for the likes of Michael Dell and George W Bush.

I've seen this technology before but I believe this is the first track of 3d printed (with concrete) homes..
Click on the pic if you want to read the story...

View attachment 133550
Bad link address. I had to modify it here : https://www.builderonline.com/build...ampaign=BP_092823&&oly_enc_id=8675F6182945F0S

When I was 17, my girlfriend's dad was a bricklayer. The major suburban construction boom was winding down and he was out of work 3-6 months of the year. Then when he got some work, it was 75-100 miles away. He's probably rolling over in his grave at this:cursing::laughings:

I wonder how they will do riding out a Texas tornado. Other than ripping the roof off, I would think that it was be pretty strong. It might be good to have at least one room with a concrete roof for a safe room.

I imagine this technology is going to get a big push, mainly because it will be needed to build structures on other planets and moons.

Bad link address. I had to modify it here : https://www.builderonline.com/build...ampaign=BP_092823&&oly_enc_id=8675F6182945F0S

When I was 17, my girlfriend's dad was a bricklayer. The major suburban construction boom was winding down and he was out of work 3-6 months of the year. Then when he got some work, it was 75-100 miles away. He's probably rolling over in his grave at this:cursing::laughings:
Thanks brother I fixed the link.... I saw this technology first about 6 years ago being done on small scale in Europe...This is pretty kick ass and yes built like a brick shit house strong and insulated.

They are programmed like coordinate measuring machines, probably with the same language. A bit tougher than G code for CNC machining.

They are programmed like coordinate measuring machines, probably with the same language. A bit tougher than G code for CNC machining.
Yah the extruder is the E axis. It runs the material your printing with ( in this case cement ) in unison with the regular X and Y and Z axis moves.
typically requires a shitload of lines of G code

100 homes all stacked in side by each? Thanks I'll pass.
They are 10 feet apart side to side but have front yards and back yards and fences separating them. I really like the idea of concrete walls but a PITA for adding electrical or plumbing after the fact...They are also slab not raised foundation so again when it comes time to repair or replace plumbing expensive PITA. Metal roofs? well it's Texas and they get some strong winds.... Having literally been in 1000's of track homes being built over the years these are pretty nice...cheaping out on some stuff but overall pretty nice...

They are novel but you are right especially in that area where they build homes with large lots that are laid out a lot nicer and sell in a similar price range...They will sell em but if I was living in that area I'd go for a layout that cost the same and looks like the one linked below in a heart beat...Some people don't want a big yard with the maintenance that goes along with it.... The way they did these the association fees will be very low...The house linked below sells in the same area is a little bigger and cost the same...I'd choose this over the novel cement shack in a heartbeat...

Here's a zillow link to a brand new 2200 sf home in the same area for about the same price...NICE

Yah the extruder is the E axis. It runs the material your printing with ( in this case cement ) in unison with the regular X and Y and Z axis moves.
typically requires a shitload of lines of G code
That would be about equal to a four axis machine. I wrote G code for years. Then learned CADCAM. In my last few jobs I was one of the few who actually knew what was blowing by on the screen. I could never understand how someone could stand in front of those screens running machines all day and not wanting to know what was flashing
in front of them. I guess that is why they remained machine operators and I progressed. The code for coordinate measuring machines is quite different and more difficult than for CNC machining centers and CNC lathes or routers. I don't know what code they use, could be totally different and something new, I am retired and been out of the loop for awhile.

That would be about equal to a four axis machine. I wrote G code for years. Then learned CADCAM. In my last few jobs I was one of the few who actually knew what was blowing by on the screen. I could never understand how someone could stand in front of those screens running machines all day and not wanting to know what was flashing
in front of them. I guess that is why they remained machine operators and I progressed. The code for coordinate measuring machines is quite different and more difficult than for CNC machining centers and CNC lathes or routers. I don't know what code they use, could be totally different and something new, I am retired and been out of the loop for awhile.
Yah I’m not sure about coordinate measuring either. I would think the printing is done with G code They slice a 3D model in layers as thick as the deposit of building material will be and the the machine basically builds up the layers through some logical sequence. I’m still working and write some basic code. The cadcam does the tough stuff for me

Yah I’m not sure about coordinate measuring either. I would think the printing is done with G code They slice a 3D model in layers as thick as the deposit of building material will be and the the machine basically builds up the layers through some logical sequence. I’m still working and write some basic code. The cadcam does the tough stuff for me
I know lots of old time tricks on the machines if interested. Towards the end of my career I took over the head of an inspection department because I wanted to learn more of CMM language. It wound up me telling the operators how to inspect parts, they knew how to program the machine but not how to inspect parts, and making fixtures to hold the parts on the table so we didn't have to set zeros each time. After that it was all paperwork for ISO 9000 compliance, drove me nuts, it only lasted two years. I had to teach the operators how to program off solids for one. I never really learned the language like I did for mills and lathes. Then I went to another programming job.

Last edited:
I know lots of old time tricks on the machines if interested.

What kind were you running just out of curiosity
Fanucs, Mazatrol, HAAS, Brothers, OKUMA etc. Mills, Lathes, Lasers, etc. They are basically all the same except for a few codes. I found OKUMAS to be the most versatile because you could assign the work offsets as variables which you could not do with any other controller I worked with.

The older machines had a lot more options with G code. Now they are extras you have to pay for. Some of them still work on the newer machines without the options being turned on by the manufacturer. For instance IF and GOTO statements etc. All the older machines would take these codes, the new machines the option has to be turned on and you pay for it. You could use all those codes to do part counts, stop the machine after the tool has been run x amount of times, stuff like that. OKUMAS always came with all the options still intact and not have to be paid for. Using OKUMAS ability to assign the work offsets as variables one never had to write subprograms and you could start or end on any part on the table you wanted. CADCAM can't write that kind of code. Many times I would write the code with MASTERCAM and then massage it to work on the OKUMAs the way I wanted it to. OKUMAS also had the best graphics dry run of all controllers. Most of them look like snail tracks and if you are not familiar with them and how to set the controllers to read the pertinent information, they are basically worthless to a machine operator.

Last edited:
Back