first post ... take it easy

Thanks Fangar,
You are right about the lead, just never seem to have the patience to work out a lead.

I wonder if anybody listened on there studio monitors and how does that sound. I don't have monitors yet (it's next purchase).

Sounds really good to me but I want to hear some tension or at least some more vocal layering. I'm not sure how to describe what I want to hear really, I just want the overall emotion of it to be less controlled as the song progresses. As if each time you tell God how much you want to be "Holy like him..." he responds with "Well then sing it like you mean it or I'll throw you into the eternal inferno bitch."

I know the forum is meant for comments on mixing but I couldn't help comment on style. Hope I didn't offend you... or God.

I really do like the mix though. Stereo separation is nice. Shaker sounds really good. Your voice is pro.

erichenryus,
no I'm not offended (nor God, He is not easily offended :))

Thanks for the comments, all types are welcome. I think you right about the emotion though. I had the emotion but didn't have the strength to deliver it LOL :D (It was late and it's allergy season so my throat is killing me) Don't mean to make excuses I do agree I would like to see more dynamics and emotion to come through. (Here I go again picking apart my own stuff :D, what is up with that?)

cheers

Fed,

I have a maple guitar,really record well don't they?

The man I was refering to grew up in Rochester.
He's now deceased but still has folks up there.

Most talented person I ever met,played all the circuits around here for about 30 years,just thought you might of heard of him.

That great sound on a 2003 and minimal gear,I definatly have to get me a Marshall,(and some voice lessons!)

Hope to hear more from you and your wife soon!

Best to you,
Pete

muzeman,
ye I like my guitar. I do fill it's might not be so great for finger picking stuff.
I'll try to record another tune of mine over the weekend that's finger picked and see how it will come out.

It sure is fun to play with all the recording theory I picked up on this forum. It's realy addicting. :)

I'll have to ask around about Triglias. I'm curious now.

I hope it's okey I respond so much to the posts on this thread. Hope it's not considered bumping or what not.

erichenryus said:
As if each time you tell God how much you want to be "Holy like him..." he responds with "Well then sing it like you mean it or I'll throw you into the eternal inferno bitch."

LOLOLOL... :D

Fed,... good tune dude... nice and simple.. like worship should be... some of the best worship is basic and clean-cut... Third Day does some great, simple, catchy worship that has just the right words.. (you know,.. the ones you can never write yourself, but always say "that's it!!" when you hear em in someone else's song :mad: ) Anywho.. props to you for putting it up. I've only ventured into Praise and Worship writing twice... once I just wrote lyrics (which I didn't like) and the second time I wrote the tune but couldn't think up any lyrics that I didn't totally hate.. :p But it's good to see this up here, cause I just love watching all the heathens squirm when they have to listen to something that talks about God.. :D

hehe

WATYF

He played with the Jersey Ranch Boys among others.
Used to be known as Ben Trigger or Uncle Benny.

"I hope it's okay I respond so much to the posts on this thread. Hope it's not considered bumping or what not."

It's not bumping,it's kindly responding to others comments!

Bumpity bump!

WATYF,
LOL :D, I hear you... though it was not my intention to make anyone squirm. I'm here to learn. I like constractive
critique (constractive MartyMcFly :)) whatever it might be. I was somewhat prepared for people not wanting to listen to this.
That's why the disclaimer is there. Didn't want anyone to think that I'm trying to preach to them or whatever (though I would love to :D).

I am glad some could get over the "God-phobia" :) and lend thier ear.

I greatly appriciate all the comments and sugestions

Back