first post ... take it easy

Fed

Disclaimer: This is a christian worship song. I don't know why but
I felt I should say that.

128kb/4mb

256kb/8mb

I don't know if it's good enough to post but I offer critique to others so I thought I post something so they have a chance to "bash" me too. :D

By the way this bbs is a great place to learn. I have tons of songs to record (that my wife wrote, this one is mine though) and no budget (whats new?). I hope to ramp up here and record some stuff.

Thanks everyone for your contribution.

let me know if you interested to know my gear.

To be honest I worship a small and rare species of tree frog found only in the rain forests of Brazil. It keeps me in line. But religious differences aside, I thought this was a pretty good recording. Not my cup of Gatorade, but your feeling does seem to shine through nicely. I found very little wrong with the mix, ie. levels seem appropriate, etc.

Thanks

SLuiCe, too bad about the frog , "But religious differences aside"
thanks for the feedback :)

JKZ also thanks, i liked "very accoustic" part. :)

I wonder if saying thanks is considered bumping.

Thank you ndxs,
I know I heard Talbot before but I can't think of what it was.
I think he did stuff with Michael Card.

I don't realy write much. I do have couple more tunes but have not recorded them yet. My wife on the other hand has written a lot of great music. That's why I got into this home recording thing to begin with. I used my song to expiriment with some mic placements and mixing and ... list goes on...

I wonder if anybody hears any swirling sort of thing with guitars,
is it phase canselation. Maybe I'm just hearing things. Also
I think the harmony is little off, it was kind of late when I recorded this.

Oh great, now I'm comenting on my own post, how pathetic is that LOL :D

hey man not bad...

you got a really even mix.

I am especially impressed by the shaker..

did you loop that or do it all the way through or what? How'd you mic it? really good sound from that thing. I find that is the kind of stuff that really brings an acoustic track to life.

wes480,
you beat me to my post. Thanks for good comments.
I played the shaker all the way. actualy did a puch-in right before the lead. It's one of those chip egg thingis.
and come to think I did like the sound of it myself. (here I go again comenting on my own stuff :D) Anyway, the mic is mxl 2003
and I was holding it about a foot or foot and half from it. There is no processing on any of the tracks only little reverb on the whole mix. What do you guys think of a guitar sound. Any problems there?

Thanks

Nice sounding accoustic but as soon as I heard the first "Oh Lord" I promply stoped it. Sorry, I hate religion. But the accoustic sounds good. Do you have any songs that arn't religious. I'd be happy to listen to that.

Scott
www.feel-rock.com

Hey Scott,
I don't like religion myself. I could elaborate but I think i'll be booed out. (besides that stuff is probably for the cave) :D.

Sorry you couldn't comment on the whole thing. Hope your not offended. I did put a disclamer in the original post. :)

I realy dig your rocking veggies.

Hey Fed, This is good. Several comments. First, you should write more cause you have a good ear for song. This one is very simple but thats what makes it work so well. It comes across honest, no pretention and no preaching tone. This one is between you and God and thats how great religious songs should be in my humble opinion. The lyrics are working well.

I thought the recording sounded pretty darn good. Clean and simple. I like the dryness of the track too. It makes your voice sound more intimate. I am trying to break my reverb addiction, but its hhhhaaaarddd, man! Considering going to Reverbaholics Anonymous!

I liked the rhythm guitar sound sore than the lead. Mess around with mic placement and see if that box makes any other cool sounds. Other than that, I'd say good job. Thanks for sharing your song.

I thought this was a really great song!

Really fine songwriting and guitar playing.
I liked the vocals best,did you record them on the MXL too?
Whats you gear setup?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who digs God but not religion.

Rochester huh,
Know any Triglias up there?

Best to you,
Pete

You did a really good job with the recording of this song.Everything is placed just right.I was singing the third part harmony after the first couple of bars.:DI have a few worship songs in this vein that I did a few years back.This is the kind of stuff I sit around and sing to myself.It calms the nerves!:D

Hey muzeman,
thank you for the comment. Yes evereything is mxl 2003.
the gear is simple (there is realy no gear) just 2003 into delta omni into samplitude producer. I did played with guitar placement a bit.

one track is at twelve fret about 45 degrees to the sound hole and about a foot from the guitar.

another track is above the guitar just pointing down at chin level.
kind of over the sholder simplified.
I don't think it came out very different but it was fun to play with. :)

Sorry don't know Triglias is it he/she or it?
I know some local christian artists.

Oh ye the guitar is Taylor 615 which is maple jumbo.

Kramer,
ye man it was too late at night (read early morning) I couldn't do the third line (it is a little high too if you going above :)). it would be nice to play with the arrangement and introduce the harmonies later for dynamics and interest

realy appriciate the comments
glad it ministered to you (it did to me when I got it ;))

Fed,

Nice tune. I like the guitar. The recording of it sounds a bit boomy to me though. Mostly when the chords are being strummed a bit harder. Good vocals. Nice voice. I would like to here it with some nice drums, though the shaker sounds nice too. The solo guitar has a nice feel to it, though it feels a little rushed in areas. A very nice tune above all. Thanks for letting us listen.

Fangar

Back