First NWR post

bdbdbuck

OK,
First the DISLAIMER.......Be advised that the guitar has 15 or 20 screw-ups, oh and a mic pop @ 1:43.

This started out in the studio trying to get a fuller sound out of my guitar and then just expanded into a written song. First time I ever wrote and recorded a song all in the same day. The guitar needs to be re-tracked....just haven't had time. I did re-track the vocals a couple of times because my voice sucks and even I couldn't stand it.....plus it was a little hard for me to sing without gettin choked up.
This is one stereo guitar track and one mono vocal track.

http://nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2834&alid=-1

Thanks to flat9 for encouraging me to do this.....it's about time I posted a tune. Now if only I was good enough to post in the clinic like you.

bd

Awesome song! Your songs are very easy to identify with. You write songs like I wish I could write.
You are a lot like me you are too hard on yourself and too picky. I just couldn't hear the mistakes. This song should not be perfect. Art is not always supposed to be perfect. The recording performance of the song reminds me of one of those MTV unplugged shows. Keep the songs coming. I'm ready for a 10 song CD just of your originals.

Mark,

Rich and full of feeling! I like the little harmonic lick you pull on 0:54 and you thought I would'nt catch that:)

clif

PS> how is our collab doing?

Thanks everyone,
Gospel, glad you liked it! I'm sure you could do a great job on the vocals....you have a very full voice. I'm sure we'll end up doin more stuff in the very near future.

Clif, it's funny, but I don't think the harmonic lick had the impact I was looking for right there....obviously it had some if only a little. The collab is in the mail as soon as the PO opens this morning.....I gotta figure out which one of Gospels vocal tracks I like best. That's a tough one!

miXit-G, I wish my 12 string was an A/E.....I'd love to hear that recorded this way!

Thanks again,bd

Dude, I had no Idea it was members only! I'll change it right after baseball practice tonight.

Sorry!

bd

OH....thanks for the kind review digitcallous......wonder if I could shorten that to dc in the future?

BUCK!

You hot ticket!
No disclaimers on your NEXT post . YOU DON'T NEED THEM! Really moving lyrics. Guitar caresses them and the melody with great feeling! A wonderful musical prayer of gratitude. I'm sure she loves it and 'tunes in to it ' everytime it's played.
Just from reading your posts these past few months, I knew there would be passion in your music.
Nice low register in your voice. Niel Diamond influence is evident. What did you use for a mic? Good presence and rich!
Entire recording is very clean and easy to listen to. (I think I'm on my 6th spin)
Go back up and read these posts, then read'em again as they are full of good and true comments!
Once you are finished with 'April', if you'd like me to edit out the first 5.5 seconds, just say the word, man. Glad to do it.
Keep writing and posting!

peace,
Ralph

b9,
Thanks Ralph. The first 5.5 seconds is just pure laziness on my part......I want you to know that noise is copyrighted!
As far as the cleanliness of the recording goes, after I uploaded the mp3, I heard quite a bit of noise on the lo-fi replay....I think I must have some swarf bouncin around in my guitar or something.
I think if she has been tuning in......she's gotta be sick of hearing it by now. I've played it about 300 times myself. It's one of those rare tunes that I have done that with....I keep hearing flaws! It will be one of the first tunes I re-do as a full production.
Right now, I'm working on a song that I wrote with my daughter. I have to pretty much get this one right! Anything short of perfect would detract from her awesome voice. I'll be putting a lot more effort into this one.

Turntablist,
I have taken the restriction off the downloads....sorry about that!

Thanks to everyone for the listen and the kind remarks.

bd

Hey

My dad sounds great live btw...so, you guys might want to encourage him to do more open mic's.
And the lo fi downloads do absolutely no justice to his work.
I am starting to wonder if whether or not I will put my stuff on NWR because of all of you brave souls out there it seems that the streaming and lo-fi quality is distorted a bit. I haven't been playing as long as my dad, but my ear is trained enough to notice this distortion (just like any other novice)....btw, I noticed that harmonic pluck too, dad (in spite of the digital traffic).
If anybody can figure out why VH1.com and Spinner.com can broadcast so clearly and in stereo sound and what the difference would be as compared to the IUMA and NWR streaming I would love to know what the trick is. In most cases I can understand the 4 track lo-fi quality...but for us that have stereo capabilities, it would be a real treat to hear the CD quality of our works.
Dad how did you get your song on NWR....did you pop in one of your CD's or did you go directly from your hard drive? Would that make much of a difference?
Peace out!!!
BTW, if I can work it...you'll being hearing my stuff soon...as soon as Uncle Sam is through my rhyme!!! ;)

BDBDBucksKID,

Don't be afraid to share your music! Free yourself as an artist and musican so that others can enjoy your music. BTW, I usually download the song so it sounds much better.

clif

Clif

I wanna make sure my rights are secure as an artist before I can begin sharing...I am sure you know what I mean.
I am just watching my @ss...ya know?

clifchamb said:
BDBDBucksKID,

Don't be afraid to share your music! Free yourself as an artist and musican so that others can enjoy your music. BTW, I usually download the song so it sounds much better.

clif

I have to agree with clif......just take a run up to the LOC and register them. You're right there anyway!
Posting on NWR is protected under the copyright laws, although I must confess a quick trip to the copyright office made me feel a little better about it.
You forget, I am in posession of a certain cd......POST or BE POSTED!
Downloading from the HD is just a lot easier for me. The hard part was figuring out exactly how to post on NWR. Do yourself a favor and go to the FAQ's under the help button. I think it took me over a half an hour just to get the thing so someone could play it!

bd

Great stuff bd. Look forward to hearing you with your daughter (by the way I wish mine was as complimentary about my music as yours is about yours:D )

Only comment I had - and it's not as if I'm qualified to comment - was that a couple of times your voice seems to come up too loud relative to the guitar - then again gives it more of a live feel.

Garry,
Yeah, I heard it too! Unfortunately I just didn't have the time to re-do it again. The version everyone heard is the same thing the copyright office will hear if they ever play it. My main goal above all is to get some of this stuff copyrighted. Once I get a basic recording of something, it's ready for copyright in my opinion. The next tune I post will be a lot better....I promise.
The great thing about doing it this way is, my recordings just keep getting better.....I'm learning as I go! Plus I feel I'm gettin back into the groove with respect to my playing....got a long way to go yet! Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

bd

:D water's not so cold after the big jump huh?

congratulations goodfella. I`m at work so I`ll check you out tonite.

Ken

p.s. did you know you daughter spelled @ss? lol!! :)

Toki,
I feel much better now!
It's funny you posted just now...I'm sittin here listening to Jeff Beck's Blow by Blow, I just found it for $12 at Borders. I've been lookin for it since my cassette blew chunks. I just about PM'd you to see if I could get a pirate copy!
With regard to the offspring, you just can't control them once they hit a certain age ya know! In her case it was about 26 years ago!

bd :D

hey, when do I get to hear a toki / flat9 collab? You two guys could fry this place!

I picked up a copy of Blow by Blow on vinyl for $3.00. I bought the vinyl because it was cheap and mainly cuz i'm kind of a wax junkie.

There's a steal! Good vinyl is hard to come by these days. I remember when that record came out......he just completely blew me away! It was 1978 unless I'm mistaken. This cd I just got was re-mastered in 2001. I don't have the old copy to compare it to, but I still love it! It's one of my all time favorite records.

bd

BTW...I don't know if you saw the earlier post, but I took the D/L restriction off the tune for ya.

Back