First Act BB391 Double-Cutaway Electric Guitar

mtx records

I just bought one of these for 36.54 shipped- the cheapest guitar i could find shipped, just wondering what i could to do make it sound better, just wanted it for a gig guitar to throw around and not worry about my les paul. so what should i do, replace pickups strings ect? and if so with what

mtx records said:
I just bought one of these for 36.54 shipped- the cheapest guitar i could find shipped, just wondering what i could to do make it sound better, just wanted it for a gig guitar to throw around and not worry about my les paul. so what should i do, replace pickups strings ect? and if so with what

most people like guitars that they can't actually play for gigs.....can you even play this thing? Does it stay intune? Is it have good intonation? Does it sound like $35?

i don't know lol i haven't gotten it yet, got it off ebay- but i'm just assuming its sound will not be to par. i should get it in about 7 days

You never can tell - it might sound OK. But why you'd want to use such a shitty guitar as a gigging guitar is beyond me. :confused:

You have a les paul? Really?

My first act electric sounded much better after I soaked it in the bathtub for 3 days in a 8:1 water/maple syrup mixture. I also replaced the pickups with the mouthpieces from a couple old telephone handsets I had in the root cellar.

cephus said:
You have a les paul? Really?

My first act electric sounded much better after I soaked it in the bathtub for 3 days in a 8:1 water/maple syrup mixture. I also replaced the pickups with the mouthpieces from a couple old telephone handsets I had in the root cellar.
See, now? A good, inexpensive modification!

Do you think that soaking it in kerosene and lighting it would further improve the sound? :D

I forgot to mention that I string it with (6) .017s tuned E F F# G G# A and play mostly slide with a cardboard tampon applicator.

I am just trying to get that traditional rock 'n roll sound like U2, etc.

roflmfao cephus...
u guys r hilarious, but i do hope your guitar turns out ok...
with cheap ass guitars like first acts, none of them are alike, you will either get lucky, and it will have decent intonation, or u will be at a loss of dignity with a guitar that will fall apart in your hands

cephus said:
I forgot to mention that I string it with (6) .017s tuned E F F# G G# A and play mostly slide with a cardboard tampon applicator.

I am just trying to get that traditional rock 'n roll sound like U2, etc.

this was a serious question, and( i have a les paul copy by epipohone- pretty nice). Just wondering what could improve this one
what kind of strings should i get for screamo/punk music? like blink182 emery and underoath...thats the type of tone i'm looking for.

i have a les paul copy by epipohone- pretty nice)

Dude...just play the Epi. I am always bewildered by people who buy guitars and then are afraid to play them. I have three guitars that get gigged every night.

1. Nik Huber Korina Dolphin II, the first one ever made. Will run you around 3.5K
2. Nik Huber Redwood Dolphin. Korina Body and neck with a one piece Redwood top. Will run you about 6K
3. Gene Baker USA B1. From the original run. Total monster with a set of Voodoo 59s. Will run you 2.7k if you could ever find one for sale.

My two acoustics that I use for the acoustic act are both Breedlove USA Master Class guitars.

1. Ed Gerhardt
2. Koa J20 12 String

Play the damn guitars...visions of any of these new guitars turning into the next 59 LP are completely insane. It is only a tool...use it as such. If you bought a $300 hammer, would you put it away and go buy a cheap hammer?

for punk?
i'd prefer a fat heavy nickel string...
i dont know about the exact gauges, but something heavy...
(just my 2 cents)

edgarallanpoe said:
Dude...just play the Epi. I am always bewildered by people who buy guitars and then are afraid to play them.

i completely agree - every scratch, dent and coffee stain tells a story :)

instruments want to be played and should be played - nooone on stage is showing off more than the instrument you've got in your hands :p :D

Andy

well my band does alot of crazy breakdowns where we throw our guitars around and i wouldn't want to slip with a 500.00 guilar on my strap...

mtx records said:
well my band does alot of crazy breakdowns where we throw our guitars around and i wouldn't want to slip with a 500.00 guilar on my strap...

My LP has been rammed through a ceiling. :D (long story....ya it was an accident) Still plays great.

Outlaws said:
My LP has been rammed through a ceiling. :D (long story....ya it was an accident) Still plays great.

well i definetly don't want that to happen to mine, the main problem would be it flying acroos the room of hitting the ground.

mtx records said:
well i definetly don't want that to happen to mine, the main problem would be it flying acroos the room of hitting the ground.

mmhmm

Maybe you should invest in strap locks or just face facts act realize if you wanna play with the big boys it costs money.

Outlaws said:
mmhmm

Maybe you should invest in strap locks or just face facts act realize if you wanna play with the big boys it costs money.

well, i think this tone would be fine for now...i will be buying strap locks for this guitar, which would u recomend that i cna get off ebay?

mtx records said:
well, i think this tone would be fine for now...i will be buying strap locks for this guitar, which would u recomend that i cna get off ebay?

I don't recommend strap locks on a $35 dollar guitar. Strap locks will cost almost as much as the guitar.

I recommend them for your Epi. If you have a serious problem with guitars getting thrown across rooms then you have problems outside of normal issues which only you can solve.

real bands and musicians take care of their guitars well enough to not toss them across a room... sure my guitars get dropped once in a while and things happen...

now my last gig i opened my guitar case to find a cracked top on my acoustic!

that hurt!

but it was only partly my doing... i should have put a dampit in my guitar that night....

Back